Chapter. 3

Miranda nodded, "Okay dear, and one more thing. You can get your makeup done from here." She suggested and Rhea nodded, "That sounds perfect! Now you can tell me the price of this dress and all." She exclaimed but Miranda shook her head, "No price for you girls." She said with a smile. No matter how hard Rhea was trying to persuade her, Miranda refused to take any money. Finally Rhea put her hands up in defeat. "Fine Miranda; You win." She said and Miranda chuckled, "I'll get your stuff ready for the big day." She said and left the room.

Rhea went to another rack and pulled out a peach dress, "Sofia, try this one out." she said and handed it to me. "Okay." I responded and went to the dressing room. Never have I ever seen this luxury dressing room. There were flowers, pink beanbags, hooks and an air-conditioner. I changed in to the dress and as I put it on, my ponytail became loose and the band fell on the ground. (I had straightened my hair)

I'll pick it up later. I thought and went out. Rhea looked up from her phone and grinned. "Oooohh." She said and clapped her hands, "You look lovely Sofia, and I have never seen a prettier bridesmaid." She said and led my hand to the mirror. Wow, I couldn't believe my eyes. I looked...fancy?

The others came out wearing the dress Rhea had chosen and all of them beamed.

The dress was a peach Annabelle dress that featured a shirred strapless bodice with a sweetheart neckline for a universally flattering look. The floor length gathered A-line skirt featured convertible panels that could be used to create alternate necklines and strap details. A detachable tulle sash that could be used to tie around the waist to create definition and finish the look was there too. Miranda came back and gasped all excitedly, "OH GOD, You all look like princesses!!"

When I went back to change, I heard voices from the other dressing room.

"I don't know what Chris sees in her,"

I sucked in a breath, Hannah.

"Oh come on," I heard Chloe's voice, "Rhea's not that bad, in fact, I love her. Even mom and dad love her; plus she and Chris know each other since college. She's the girl of his dreams."

"Still," Hannah said with a sigh. "I don't like her much."

I shook my head and walked out, trying to shut their voices away.

Rhea stood up from the cloud chair, "Then it's settled! We will come here for the makeover and dress up then straight to the wedding!" she announced and picked up her shopping bag and I picked up mine.

Rhea and I waved at Miranda and we left the store. "What's next?" I asked Rhea as I sat in the car. Rhea smiled, "The bakery!!" Rhea said merrily and we all laughed, except for Hannah.

"Sweet." I said with a smile and the car drove on.

....

"Oh God!" I sighed as I entered my house and half-fell on the nearest chair. It was 7pm I think and we had been out for hours. "Who knew preparing for a wedding would be so tiring?" Sabrina exclaimed as she went upstairs.

Mom came to me and smiled, "Did you have fun?" she asked and I nodded, "Yup but also, I'm exhausted." I said and mom chuckled as she picked up the shopping bags which I had thrown on the floor.

"I'll take these to your room okay?" She said and went up the stairs.

I nodded again. Rhea loves vanilla more than anything; so the cake we chose was a three-tiered wedding cake that was a flourish of white and gold sugar flowers, trellising upwards through the layers. Inside, the cake featured flavors of chocolate, salted caramel, and raspberry cream. Mouthwatering right? It tasted delicious, absolutely wonderful.