Chapter. 9

"God, you look shot."

I looked up to see Auntie Lu standing in the doorway, Aaron in her arms. His eyes were open wide. I waved my hand limply, "Hey Auntie Lu." I said and yawned. I was way too drowsy. Everyone called Aunt Lucy "Auntie Lu" and she didn't mind that.

"Honey didn't you sleep last night?" My mother appeared with a cup of coffee and observed my face.

"I did sleep, but got up too early." I told them.

"Well, there's something for you." Mom said and handed me a letter. I gave her a questioning look and opened the letter. It said;

Sofia,

Hope fully you are alright. I saw you faint the night of the prom. Well, in some days my family and I are going to London so I decided to make some memories and I know you'll enjoy. I thought I'd send you a text or directly call you but my battery died.

Anyways, I thought a boat ride seems fun. I invited Michael and his sister Michelle too. We'll have the best of time. i hope you'll come tonight.

Regards,

Aiden Goldstein

I smile; I have never been on a boat before. So it's a first. I got up and decided to take a bath, it will definitely freshen me up.

___________________________________

As I was drying off my hair, I thought about Rhea. What had she done? Who had murdered her and why? As far as I know, rhea wasn't the type to quarrel and she had no enemies or whatsoever. It was hard to believe she was dead. Out of nowhere, a familiar voice came and brought me back to Earth.

"You know I'm not dead Sofia."

I turned the dryer off and gulped. A hand came upon mine, entwining our fingers. "You're not real." I whispered.

Rhea smiled, "But here I am." She said sweetly. She looked so real; her face, her body...everything. "Then if you are real, where are you?" I demanded.

She laughed, "Sweet Sofia, that place is quite near. Especially if you want me back,"

I opened my eyes, the dryer was still in my hands but No one was there. Great, this was just my imagination. I thought glumly. I wore a red dress with black tights and red shoes. I made my hair in a bun and went downstairs.

My mom and Sabrina were sitting with my grandma and Aunt.

Sabrina was typing on her phone, smiling. Gran, mom and Aunt Lucy were chatting.

"Nick?" I mouthed to Sabrina and she nodded.

I hate that guy to be honest. I don't know what Sabrina sees in him.

"Finally you are here." Michael exclaimed and Aiden grinned, "And here I was thinking you won't come." He said.

I tied my black leather jacket around my waist, "Well, where's the boat?" I asked. Aiden smiled and led us to the bridge's end; in the waters there was a white boat. "Sweet" I said and everyone agreed. We got in and Aiden steered the boat ahead. I dipped my finger in the water and shivered, "it's cold."

Michelle snapped a picture and smiled, "Perfect."

Soon we were in the middle of the sea; the wind was blowing around us. As I looked up, a drop of water fell on my head. "What..." I muttered. Another drop fell, and another....

"Um guys, shouldn't we be getting back?" Michelle asked timidly. I nodded, "Michelle's right, we've been here for hours." I said. The sky was filled with black clouds and it was dark. There were more raindrops. I put on my jacket and Michael said, "Aiden, turn the boat back!"

Aiden nodded. As I brushed a wet lock of hair off my face, I saw a flash of lightening. Michelle squeezed her eyes shut as thunder boomed. It was raining cats and dogs.

The next thing I knew, the boat was rocking violently from side to side; "GET A GRIP!" I heard Aiden yell. I tried to steady myself but fell forwards, my head hitting the boat's edge. "Sofia!" Michelle cried. I knew from her voice she was crying. The waves rose up high and came crashing down, the boat tilted sideways; it began to sink. "Oh my god..." Michelle shrieked frantically. "What is going to..."

Another bigger wave crashed down, sending Michelle flying. "NO!" Michael, Aiden and I yelled in unison. "This thing is not moving!" Aiden shouted. Michelle clung to the boat's edge, her legs dangling over the side. "H...he...help!" she stuttered. Lightning struck once more as I began walking towards Michelle. At that moment, I saw something white gliding towards Aiden. "AIDEN NO!!!" I screamed just as another impressive wave shattered our boat, sending us spiraling down in the dark waters below.

There was darkness all around me. I wasn't dead, was I? And the person with Aiden? It was then my head broke the surface. I looked around and blinked several times to clear my vision. I swam towards the shore where Michael was. "Sofia!" He yelled as he helped me out.

The salt burned my lungs and my throat was too full of water to catch a breath. I sat up and choked, "Wh...where's M...Mich...Michelle?"

Before Michael could answer, a hand emerged from the sea..."Michelle!" I exclaimed as I crawled towards her. I pulled her out and she was breathing heavily, torrents of water came running out from her mouth. "H...hey it's okay, you're fine now." I told her while rubbing her back. She looked around, "W...whe...Where's Mi...Michael?" she whispered.

"He's searching for Aiden..." I broke off. Aiden, crap; I got to my feet abruptly.

"Sofia Aiden's here too!" Michael yelled excitedly. Relief washed over me, "Thank God..." I began and turned around. Michael was standing and talking to...himself?

I ignored the foreboding feeling and approached Michael, "Um..." I laughed nervously, "I don't see Aiden..."

I couldn't speak, as if there was a lump in my throat. I could feel my eyes well up as I side-stepped Michael and began walking out of there. I folded my hands over my chest, not wanting to believe that Aiden too?

I ignored Michael and Michelle's yells; I just wanted to get out of there. I drove back to my house, the rain still hadn't stopped.

It took Aiden; it took Aiden, right in front of my eyes

The door was opened by Sabrina, Aaron in her arms. "Sofia what the..." she muttered as she pulled me inside with her left hand and shut the door.

She laid Aaron on the sofa, propped cushions around him for safety and came up to me, "What happened? Mom and I were so worried. Why is your forehead bleeding?" She asked,

I shook my head and rushed upstairs. I locked my bedroom's door and heaved a great sigh. i looked at myself in the mirror; I looked like hell. I was soaking wet; my clothes plastered to my body, there was a cut on my forehead and my eyes all teary. I picked up my phone. An unknown number had sent me a picture,

The picture shocked me. Hannah, Chris's sister, was sitting on a boat smiling. She was wearing a white silk dress and I remembered something white going towards Aiden. No, i though, Hannah can't do this. I threw the phone on the bed and dropped on my comfortable window seat.

My phone began ringing wildly, Michael was calling.

I didn't answer.

He called again; I ended the call and gazed at the sky outside,

Trying my best not to cry.