Chapter. 11

"This is the one." I said, a smile spreading over my face.

"You said that about the last 4 dresses." Elena complained.

"I'm positive about this one, okay?"

"Yeah Okay."

I smoothed out the skirt again, admiring myself in the mirror. The dress was a Royal blue, floor length swirling ball gown nearly with a show-stopping illusion neckline. Delicate lace appliques covered the bodice, turning the plunging front-cut and backless detail into a flirtatious and lovely statement. The chiffon skirt floated delicately to the ground making it more elegant.

Plus I found a tulle cape with scattered crystal embellishment that was real pretty to go with it.

"Are you sure?" Elena checked again.

"It looks okay, right?"

"Fia, you look awesome."

"You said that about the black and pink one too."

"Well all of them suited you." She said with such honesty I had to laugh. Elena was great for occasions like this. She would always give me an honest opinion—she didn't just say "You look great." And "No, you don't look fat." She'd tell me straight out if my legs looked short, or if i Looked fat in it.

I had already got a pair of silver kitten heels that matched with the dress perfectly. Just needed some—

Oh god.

"What's wrong?" Elena asked observing my face.

"Masks Ellie Masks."

"Really?" she gasped dramatically.

I hit her with my free hand, "Yes Miss Sarcasm. But we need masks that match our outfits. Which means you need a purple one like your dress, and I need a freaking navy blue that'll match this dress...or, no, ooh, maybe I could get silver...?"

"You care much?" Elena asked.

"Oh shut up."

We managed to find a fancy dress shop that had a small selection of masks at the back. Elena found a purple mask that only covered her eyes, and was all superhero style. It was pretty awesome. My mask was a little more elaborate, covering my face all the way down to the bottom of my nose. It was the exact same shade of my dress and had silver beads and sequins around the edges. It was perfect, if a little too expensive.

"Now you just need someone to go with and you're all set." Elena said brightly and I groaned, "Man."

Why was this so hard?

Just then I got a text from Liam;

Sofia, go to the library. Davies will be there too so the two of you can work on the posters and tickets.

"Elena the council needs me." I said, handing her my shopping. "Can you drop these at my home?"

"Sure thing, is your silver clutch in this too?"

"Yeah, thank you."

"No problem Fia."

I waved at Elena then went out of the mall. I hoped the meeting with Davies wouldn't be awkward, I was wrong. It wasn't awkward at all.

I entered the library to find him using a computer. I cleared my throat and he turned around. His face lit up, "Oh hey. You're the girl from earlier right?" he asked.

"Yes that's me."

"I didn't know you studied here."

"I could say the same about you."