Chapter. 7

Friday

I woke up with a jolt. Oh man. I quickly checked the time, 9 a.m. oh no, this is so not happening. My baby sibling was supposed to arrive at seven in the morning and here I am in bed. I jumped out of my bed and dashed to the bathroom. I hurriedly changed out of my night suit and put on a short floral print ivory dress. I arranged my hair in a half bun and applied some blush-on as I heard more voices come from downstairs.

I stepped in my sandals and rushed downstairs. Our living room was wide and long, so it looked like a party room. It was a different place when I came in. Blue and white balloons covered every surface, except for the center of the floor. Pale blue streamers were hung on the walls. There were white twinkly lights on the walls. A "Welcome" banner was above the entrance door and there was a table covered with gifts. (Even I didn't get this much gifts on my birthday.) On the dining table, there was a white and blue colored Cake, with white stars and white icing ribbon. It had "It's a boy" written on the front and had a pair of edible, cute blue shoes on the top. There were cookies with white and blue frosting, and some more dishes.

Sabrina and her best friend, Cheryl were decorating the whole place. I first went to the nursery Sabrina and I had prepared for our new sibling; the walls were powder blue and aqua colored. There were two windows with white curtains. The navy blue wall behind the white crib had silver glitter stars all over it so it looked like a night sky (Thanks to my brain) and the letter A in Blue with silver stripes.

When we found out the baby would be a boy, mom said that whatever the name will be, it must start from A. As Sabrina and I had the same initial, we decided mom and the baby should have the same initials because mom's name is Allison.

There was a rug on the floor with black spots on it. There was a football baby mobile hanging from the ceiling above the crib and above the changing table. Sabrina wanted it lower but we had to keep it away from the baby's reach. There was a white couch near the window with blue cushions. Plus there were photo frames of baby animals on the wall behind the changing table. It had a baby elephant, a baby giraffe and a baby lion. It looked so adorable.

"Sabrina, aren't you supposed to be with mom?" I demanded coming out in the lounge, Cheryl smiled at me.

"Fia, Cheryl and I had to decorate before the baby's arrival." Sabrina explained, giving another balloon to Cheryl. "And Gran and Auntie Lu are with her,"

"Oh, it is a boy right?" judging from the décor. I just wanted to confirm it.

"Yep, he's perfect." Sabrina said dreamily as she tore another packet of balloons. "He and Mom, both are fine."

I breathed a sigh of relief, "Okay, I'm going to them." I announced and went out.

*

I threw open the room's door and ran in. On a big white sofa, my mom was sitting up on the bed with a smile on her face. Grandma and Aunt Lucy live in Washington actually so I was pretty much surprised at the sight of them. There was a crib beside mom's bed and blue balloons were tied. I could see a baby sleeping peacefully in it. At that exact moment, my aunt noticed me and her face lit up as she came forward and wrapped me up in a big hug, "sweetheart!" she exclaimed, "Look at you, all grown up."

"Thanks Auntie." I said with a smile. Then she added, "Are you happy that you're not the smallest in the family now?"

"Definitely," i said grinning. "Auntie Lu, didn't Melissa and Audrey come?"

"No dear, they had exams but don't worry. They'll be here in Sabrina's birthday, and we were thinking of moving here,"

"Oh i see," I said. Aunt Lucy had two daughters, Melissa and Audrey. Melissa is Sabrina's age, and Audrey mine. Cool huh? Mom had two sisters; Aunt Lucy, Aunt Carol and a brother, Uncle James. Aunt Carol is the youngest, she's just engaged. Uncle James's wife is real sweet named Chloe. They have a 2 year old daughter and a fifteen year old son.
"Where's mom?" I asked, looking around.

I walked around Aunt Lucy and sat down beside my grandma, and she kissed me on the cheek. "I missed you so much my beautiful granddaughter." She said. I beamed and stood up to see mom. "You alright?" I asked her, holding her hand.

"Yes dear," she responded with a smile. She looked joyful.

"He is so adorable!" I exclaimed with joy as i bent to get a closer look. My baby brother was in a blue wrapping bag that had moons and stars on it. He was really cute,

"We decided to name him Aaron," Mom told me and i smiled.

"Nice,"

Finally, I have someone younger than me too. That means so much; I have someone to look after.

My phone rang at that moment and I answered,

"Sofia, hi." Elena said. I knew what she had called for,

"Hi Ellie." I said and immediately she popped the question,

"Is it a boy or a girl?? I hope it's a boy so he can annoy you when he grows up."

"Yep, you hoped right. It's a boy, I have a brother now." I said with a laugh and she let out an excited shriek, "Oh my god, yes! I hoped right!"

"You can come here if you like,"

"Really? You mean that?"

"Of course I do."

"Yes! I'll be there in ten, just wait Fia. He'll annoy you so much, and I'll be laughing at that time."

"Ha-ha, very funny Elena. See you soon," I said and ended the call. Elena and her expectations will never change.

...

hey guys!

hope you all are enjoying it so far,

please please vote and comment on whatever you'd like :)

QOTD: What's your favorite food??

=I love pasta and ice-cream. And you?

Anyway, it means a lot to me that you guys are here. Thanks a bunch!

Stay gorgeous <3