coffee

as you get into your car you call peyton.

"hey peyton where are we meeting?"
"there's this place i wanna try it's on sunset. i'll send you the address."
"cool"

you hang up and make your way to La Colombe Coffee Roasters (it's so nice there like bros you gotta go).

you get out of the car and see that they are already inside. you order a draft oat milk latte and a little pastry. (again. so good if y'all are ever in LA 10000% recommend.)

"hey pey"
"so y/n we gotta talk about this."
"i know i know."
"so you know what about ethan or you know what im gonna lecture you about"
"the lecture. i have no idea about the ethan situation"
"alright then. lecture first then we figure this out."
"ha thanks. okay i'm ready."

you take a big bite of your pastry and brace for the lecture.

"you really have to be a different level of dumb bitch to let ethan come back after he LEFT YOU ALONE IN THE HOSPITAL. not just alone in the hospital but after your child died because of him. this isn't a fairytale y/n the prince doesn't come swooping in and he isn't a prince."

all you can do is stare at them. you don't know how to respond and you don't even know if you should respond. you never expected them to be so upfront about it.

"peyton i- ."

you are at a lost for words but your mind is made up.

"i still have feelings for ethan but what can we do now. i don't want to get back with him but i want him. i can't fully commit to him even though i know he would never hurt me. he means everything to me but not as a boyfriend."
"well the media loves you two together and that netflix deal can be fluffed up some more of you were in a lot more headlines right now."
"i think i know what you mean but i really don't want to know what you mean"
"fake your relationship. tons of people do it and it will be good for both of your public profiles."
"peytonnn"
"i've already talked to ethans manager and his publicist. they are on board."
"is ethan?"
"they are at a meeting with him right now."
"just to be clear is we were to do this. it's all for show. no feelings no nothing."
"yea that's how it works."
"i mean i guess then. do i really have anything to loose?"
"alight. then i will text you when ethans people get back to me."

you get up and go and the moment you get onto the road you let out the loudest scream. you start crying as you drive home absolutely deflated and defeated.