emergency room

*tw: death of a child.

you wake up in a hospital room ethan holding your hand crying. you squeeze his hand and try to sit up. you look down and see bandages around your stomach. you touch them and start crying. you couldn't feel your little baby anymore.

he looks up at you and his eyes they look so sad and empty. you kiss his hand and you feel your hearts connect.

"y/n they delivered the baby and it's in the picu right now."
"WHAT SHES OKAY"
"she's in the picu but she's alive"

you immediately try to get up but there's a shooting pain in your abdomen. you fall back into the bed. you start crying because you can't get to your baby and she needs you. he kisses you on the head and pick your hand back up.

"the bullet hit her. she has a bullet wound to her face and it covers about a quarter of her face."

you cry even harder knowing if she lives it would be worse than if she were to die. all you do is lean back and let the tears flow. you can't see her, you can't hold her, and you can't help her.

you scoot over and signal for him to join you in bed.

"i'm so sorry ethan it's all my fault. she was in my womb and she should have been safe. it was my job to keep her safe and i couldn't do it."
"don't say that y/n"

there's a knock at the door.

?"hello my name is ssa moore and this is ssa cook."
c "we are looking into the woman that shot you. she is a known hit woman named valentina adams."
e "what the fuck"
y "so someone decided to shoot me and didn't even have the curtesy to do it themselves and now my babys in critical condition"
m "i understand it is hard but you two will need to be extra careful"

there's a knock at the door and a nurse walks in. the agents leave the room so you two could be alone with the nurse.

n "i am so sorry for interrupting but there is news in your baby"

ethan shoots up and you sit up a little straighter but fall back from the pain.

n "mr. nestor please sit down. you really do want to be sitting down for this."

you see ethans face falls as he sits down.

n "i am so sorry to tell you but your baby has passed and i must ask because there is another baby in critical condition and we need an infant heart."

you nod and sigh the papers that let them harvest your baby's organs. you and ethan interlace fingers and you cry into his chest.

*a/n hey i don't know if any of my readers have lost a child or have felt with child loss it was most likely not your fault i don't know the circumstances and i am sorry if it was triggering if you have any issues at all my dms are open even if it isn't about child loss, just anything. i care and i am here.