fake up

you wake up to ethan and the agents whispering with the doctor at the door. you can hear them but you don't want to say anything yet.

dr "mentally she is most likely delicate and should not have to deal with stress and physically she just needs to rest to heal the wound to her abdomen."
e "so when would we be able to tell her"
dr "she will be more stable when physically she's healed so she no longer has the added stress of her wounds. but it is also a case by case type of situation."
y "HEY. i'm not a child if there's something to say say it to my face."

ethan comes to your bed and holds you hand and the two agents walk to the good of your bed. the doctor walks to your left side and allows the agents to speak.

m "because you two are rather high profile and even more now due to the fact that this is everywhere on the media this will be handled very delicately."
y "what does that even mean?"
c "it means that all eyes are on you two right now and all of our agents are hunting valentina. but right now we need to keep you two safe so publicly you will need to break up."
e "i don't want to break up with y/n"
c "no publicly break up you two can still be together but the world must believe that you two are done. agent spencer gubler will be posing as miss y/n's new boyfriend and you two will go public in five weeks. mr. nestor this is agent emily brewster so you two will have to call it quits now"

agent cook puts finger quotes around the words quits. you turn over to ethan and kiss him on the forehead.

y "alright then i guess. can we get a ring light and a camera in here please?"

after a few minutes they set up and you put a sweater to cover the hospital gown.

y "hey guys so we just wanted to make a quick video to tell you guys that we are safe and have called it quits."

you sigh and try to compose yourself.

y "so first things first we lost the baby but is is not a complete loss. she was far enough along that ethan got to meet her and her organs have been donated to three other children so they could live. i was in surgery and when i woke up she was already at the brink of death and i couldn't get up so i never got the chance to meet my little girl. but things were also a little rough before and we almost broke up but then the baby happened and we decided to try to fix things but now that there's no baby there's no hope in our relationship."
e "this isn't a she didn't this wrong i did this breakup we just weren't really comparable and we realized that after a while and there just wasn't a sense of trust in our relationship anymore but no one cheated or anything."

you shoot a glare at ethan. you two needed to be convincing but he didn't have to do that and go there. you two wrap up the video and watch it with the agents and there was nothing wrong with it so you two posted the same video on both your youtube channels.

y "agents can we please get a moment alone."
m "yes of course."

they step out of the room and you stare daggers into ethan.

"what the fuck was that about the trust thing?"
"what? i thought if we added some real details it would seem more realistic."
"now fans are going to speculate and you don't have a public ass ex relationship so as far as they're concerned i betrayed your trust but no you did. you are the one that's not to be trusted."
"y/n i'm sorry-"
"you know what. i don't want to hear it. get out."
"y/nn"
"i said GET OUT"

ethan gets up and leaves. you fall back and start crying. you had lost your baby and boyfriend in one day, in the span of 12 hours you had lost the two most important people to you. you stare at the ceiling tears streaming down your face with the lights off.

*knock knock