the package the text the fight

you and ethan have been going strong for a seven months. unus annus has ended and your relationship has gone public and it was met with an insane amount of love and you were overwhelmed with relief.

josh has texted you here and there but they were all the basic oh congrats on this milestone or happy birthday etc etc.

"hey y/n did you order something from a sus site?"
"the fuck? no, why?"
"there's a package outside. the shipping labels legit but the box is weird."
"is there a return address?"
"no. the return address is here but so is the ship to address."
"i don't think we should open it. maybe just like put it in a bag and then in the trash can."
"yea okay"

he shoots out a tweet because it is a little scary how they know your address.

you two are a little on edge for a few days after that. you get a text from josh.

joshua

hey i saw ethans tweet,
r u okay that shit seems
hella scary

yea we're good. just a
little bit spooked ya know

i would be too. what was
in said package

shit ion even know we didnt
open it like what if it was
like a poison attack or a head?

okay y/n you watch too
much criminal minds.

that's your fault. i was
perfectly fine not watching
it and now i see anything and go
THATS UNSUB BEHAVIOR

you put your phone one the table and go grab a drink.

"hey y/n u got a text from josh."
"ok"
"you going to get that?"
"maybe later he's a little much ya know."
"yea"

you feel like ethans a little off because of the text. you brush it off as you being paranoid.

you two go out to dinner and get japanese food. in the middle of dinner out of nowhere ethan gets serious.

"so y/n what was the text from josh about."
"nothing much. just the package tweet and how ya know it's a whole thing"
"okay then"

you two continue onto other conversation but the way ethan said okay then sits in the back of your mind.

you two finish dinner with ice cream and head home. you do your nighttime routine and get into bed.

you scoot to the end he of the bed and face away from him. ethan gets the hint and gives you your space.

sometime during the night you feel him roll over and cuddle you but you feel his arm reach over to the bedside table.

'goddamnit ethan. don't do it don't do it'

you hear the charging wire hit the table.

'he did it.'

he lifts your phone up to your face. it unlocks and reads the texts. you know you have nothing to hide but it hurts knowing he thought you would have. you hear a sigh of relief. you sit up.

"give me my phone ethan."
"y/n it's not what it looks like"
"no yeah you were just checking my pokedex. just give me my phone we can deal with this in the morning."

he hands you your phone and you get up.

"wait where baby where are you going."
"my room. if you don't trust me enough to not hurt your heart why would i trust you next to me when i'm asleep."

you walk into your own room. you climb into the bed and it's cold and your heart sinks. you just breakdown.

'he doesn't trust me. i love him with everything in me and he doesn't trust me.'

you hear ethan approach you door.

"don't even try it ethan. go to bed"

you want him to come in and cuddle you but he doesn't. you continue to cry and fall asleep.