dinner

you and ethan decide to go outside and talk by the pool. you kick off your shoes and dip your feet into the pool.

"so eef you have feelings for me?"
"yea uh that's not the way i wanted to tell you."
"haha so how uh how did you want to tell me?"
"over a nice dinner i don't know i didn't think i would and i didn't think you would like me back."
"then let's go to dinner and we can do it the way you want."

you kiss him on the cheek as you get up. you both put your shoes on and he grabs your hand. you two walk out to his car and get in.

"where are you thinking eef?"
"i want to go somewhere fancy but like it's 10 pm and we are not dressed for that."
"okay let's go out as friends right now because i'm about to eat my shoes and then you can plan your fantasy dinner."
"sounds good. chipotle?"
"no they close at ten."
"how do you know that?!?!"
"a lot of late night my dude a lot of late nights"
"raising canes?"
"sure"

you two pull into a drive thru and order. you order chicken finger combo and extra sauce and he orders the chicken sandwich combo. you get your food and pull into an empty parking space.

"ethan stop looking at me. i look weird when i eat and i'm feeling like a zoo animal dude."
"y/n you have a little sauce on ur cheek"
"what how can that even happen?"
"here i got it"

he leans over and wipes the sauce from your face. you smile and lean into him. you kiss him and he kisses you back. you are both engulfed by each other.

"so ethan. ur getting better at kissing ya know."
"oh shut uppppppp"

you look at him amd can't help but laugh

"whatttt y/nnnnn????"
"haha you look so adorable"
"well i should be getting back now."
"yea u can just type in ur address."

he starts to drive and you turn in the radio and you two start to jam out.

"damn eef you sound even better irl"
"hey u sound amazing too y/n"

you two keep singing and you arrive home.

"well this is it. it's a sad little place but ya know it's rent controlled so it's affordable. thank you for a wonderful night."

you lean in and kiss him one last time before you go.

*a/n so i'm writing this in 1/23/21 and like u can totally ignore this i just wanted to say something. i hope ethans doin okay like he said he needed to take a break to focus on his mental health. like he deserves one especially with doing unus annus like in a pandemic ik ua is over but still that must've been hella tiring and like i don't want to see him burn out ya know.