13

"Avni!"

"Avni!"

"Avni!" Neela Ma is shouting her name from downstairs while arranging the table.

"Ha Maa," Avni said casually while getting down.

"Avni Bacha, Call Papa. Breakfast is ready."  Neela said while pouring water on empty glasses.

Avni walks towards Ashish's room.

"Papa. Breakfast is ready." Avni said while peeping into the room.

"Yes princess," Ashish said while arranging his sleeves.

Avni walks towards the dining table and sits in her seat. Neela fills her plate and waits for Ashish to come. Avni started eating her food. Ashish enters the room fully ready for his day. Neela fills his plate and for herself and takes her seat. 

"Ashish come home early today, we have to go to Khanna Mansion," Neela said while eating.

"Wow, It's been a while. Anyways I wanna meet Neil. He must be mad at me. I should apologize to him." Avni said.

"Yeah, You should," Neela said and look up into her eyes.

"Anyways, Any special. Why all are going to Khanna Mansion?" Avni asked curiously.

"Cause we are attending Engagement," Said Neela.

"What Neil getting married?" Avni asked shockingly while leaving her spoon hardly on the table. Now everyone's attention is on Avni. 

Ashish is about to talk but Neela keeps her hand on his hand and stops him.

"Did you tell him while you leave?" Neela asked very furiously.

Avni sadly diverts her gaze to the plate and leaves the room.

"Why did you lie to her Neela?" 

"Because she loves Neil, but she is not accepting  her feelings towards him"

"How can you be so sure?"

"Do you think she leaves India because she misses Ali? No, It's because she wants to get clarity about her feeling towards Neil." 

"How do you know?" Ashish Asked.

"Because she told me."

Flashback:

The night she gets back from Delhi. She wakes up in her room. She looks around and sees Neela beside her reading a book.

"Maa, How did I come here?"

"You slept on Neil's shoulder. He carried you here."

"Maa?"

"What happened Bacha? Tell me. You are not yourself for few days. Something bothering you" While holding Avni's hand.

"Maa, I think I love Neil," Avni said with tears in her eyes.

"Then what is the problem with it. He is a good guy. I know his family from childhood. They are good too."

"Maa, but I feel like I'm betraying Ali."

"How is that possible?"

"Because he loves me back."

"But he doesn't want you to stuck with him Bacha. That's why he left you. Avni you have a bright future. So think about it. Leave your painful past behind."

"They are best friends Maa."

"But Love doesn't know that they are best friends. Right?"

"But Ma-" cut off