Epilogue

Ten Years later...

Auriella went outside of her cabin, looking for her mate.

She found him in the flower fields, playing with their wolves, Ragnar and Pandora.

Her heart always tightened whenever she saw her companions, seeing as they reminded her of Perseus. She wondered what had happened to her friend, not knowing if he survived the journey to whatever world he landed on with Elain and Nyx.

For the past ten years, she had to conform to a new life without her father, Thesan, and her brother, Damian. The only one who remained of her family was her father, Zephyr, who was still the Captain of the Peregryns and who commanded a small battalion of his own, along with Morrigan.

Lara, her brother's widow, had decided to become a healer, tending to the wounds of soldiers that went beyond the border shield. The soldiers left to find resources to use back here that would benefit everyone. Sometimes, their journeys would be fruitless. Then, there were other times that they weren't. Lara worked alongside Azriel's mother, who taught her everything she needed to know.

Everyone within the border shield had to sacrifice something, whether it be a piece of cloth or a fish, order had to be established. Valeria, the High Lady of the Spring Court, was practically in charge of all of the courts, doing whatever she could to help out as many people as she could.

After the High Lords were taken, it seemed as if all hope was lost for the courts. But it wasn't until Valeria stepped up to her role where people listened. With the help of her father, who was a general in the Winter Court, she was able to keep her court stable, making sure that she was making the right decisions that would benefit her home.

Valeria had also sought help from Feyre, seeing as she was the one who had experience in being the High Lady of her court. Feyre was hesitant at first, but as time went on, they had both developed a professional relationship, helping each other out in their every need.

Emerie, Cassian's lover, had given birth to their daughter, Calliope, eight months after Nesta began her reign. The little Illyrian girl was a gleaming light in the darkness, giving hope to everyone around her, especially Feyre. She had slick black hair, sparkling amber eyes, and a warrior's spirit just like her father. Emerie had revealed that Cassian knew about the pregnancy, telling him a day before Nesta's terror rained down upon them. She said that he was ecstatic, wanting to tell the world.

But unfortunately, he never had the chance to do so.

Calliope would occasionally be with Feyre, who still grieved the loss of her son and her mate. They would do everything together, having a beautiful bond that kept growing. Auriella was happy that Feyre had started to open herself up again, knowing that her mind had not been kind to her over the years.

The High Lady of Night was starting to shine again.

Auriella whistled to her wolves, who ran to her in a heartbeat. She laughed as they tackled her to the ground, licking her face. She playfully shoved them away, sitting up on the grass before being tackled down again by her mate.

Auriella giggled as he kissed her face and her neck, feeling butterflies rise within her.

They had both built their own cabin in the woods of the Spring Court, separating from everyone else. It wasn't just for privacy, but it was mostly for the nature around them. It didn't compare to their cabin in the Night Court, but it was beautiful nonetheless.

"Why are you so charged up today?" Auriella asks her mate.

He chuckles, "Do you not want my affection?" He asks.