21.

When Auriella returns to the dining room and goes back to her seat, she could feel Azriel's eyes upon her the entire time.

He sat on the other side of the table, next to Morrigan, who didn't seem to mind.

Auriella's heart hammered inside of her chest. She gripped the glass of wine in her hand, taking a swig of it to calm her nerves, but it seemed like nothing worked. Being in the same room with him felt surreal.

Rhysand cleared his throat, "Well, now that everyone is here, late, as usual, we can finally begin our meal together." He says.

Auriella looked down at her plate of food, but with everything that happened today, she had no appetite for anything. She became nauseous at the sight of it. Still, she managed to take small bites.

The room stayed silent for a few moments, hearing only the clatter of utensils touching the plates, and the High Prince drinking his bottle in his mother's arms. Feyre smiled down at him, her thumb gently rubbing his face. Rhysand admired his little family, staring at them with adoring eyes.

Auriella felt Perseus lightly tap her arm with his nose. She looked down at him, seeing his pleading and hungry eyes. She glanced at her food, noticing the piece of meat on her plate. Her heart clenched, unsure whether to give it to him in front of everyone. It would have been misinterpreted, thinking that she didn't enjoy the food.

Give it to him. They won't mind. A deep voice spoke through her mind, sending chills down her spine.

Auriella was hesitant for a moment, but eventually, she caved in, setting the meat on a smaller plate. Before she set down the food in front of him, she snapped her fingers at the wolf, "Sit," she commanded. Perseus immediately listened, his drool already hitting the floor.

The Daughter of Dawn placed the food down, giving a single nod to him to eat. He practically lunged towards the meat, chewing on it fiercely.

"Where did you find Perseus?" Rhysand asks, looking down at the wolf.

Auriella snaps her head to him, "Actually, he found me. I was out one night..." she trails off for a moment, "I was walking through the gardens and he was right there looking at me. I expected him to run away, but somehow, he trusted me enough." She explains.

No one had known of that night, not even her brother, whom she trusted with all of her heart. But through the bond, she felt the anger ripple down as if Azriel knew she was lying. He couldn't have known... could he?

The High Lord nods, "And who trained him?" He asked.

"I did. I had a lot of time on my hands. It took a while for him to perfect his training, but eventually, he got the hang of it." She says.

Morrigan scoffs, "Oh good, maybe you can train Cassian. He struggles with listening and following commands. I have a whistle you could use." She says, lifting her glass.

Cassian smirks, "The commands I mostly follow are Emerie's. They mainly involve the bed though." He says, earning a slap on his arm from his lover. He huffs out a laugh, bestowing a kiss on her hand.

The general looks around, landing his eyes on the Spymaster. "Although, someone who could use some training would be my darling brother, Azriel. There are times when he cannot control his temper. Throughout these past three years, he has been nothing but frustrated." Cassian turns his head to Auriella, "Do you think you could train him, set him right?" He asks, the smirk still plastered on his face.

Auriella could not even think of words to say. She wasn't even sure what shade of red she was, her face burning with embarrassment.

Thankfully, Feyre came to her rescue, "Please, Cassian, do not be inappropriate at the table. Some of us are trying to enjoy our meals." She says, her voice filled with annoyance.