27.

!{Trigger Warning: Mentions of Suicide and Sexual Assault}!

Auriella stared down at the paper that Ruth had given her.

Before she had left the camp the first day she was there, her friend had scribbled directions to her home in Velaris. Auriella had wanted to visit her, but her time in the Windhaven Camp kept her from doing so. She would occasionally see Ruth, but barely getting the chance to have a conversation with her.

And right now, she needed her friend more than ever.

Once Azriel had left her at the House of Wind, she thanked him and immediately went in. She freshened herself up, changing into more formal clothing, and put a cape over herself, with Soulender hidden beneath it.

As the sun was setting, the Daughter of Dawn walked the streets of Velaris, with Perseus at her side. She received greetings and glares from the citizens she passed. She smiled at them, nodding her head, and giving low "hellos" at children who waved at her.

Once she was in front of Ruth's home, she could hear the sounds of music playing from the inside. She stood outside, looking down at the paper to make sure she was at the right place, and she was.

She walked up the concrete steps, lifting her hand to knock on the wood door. But before she could, it opened, revealing a wrinkled-faced man.

His eyes widened "Oh," he looked behind him, motioning for the music to cease, and slowly they did. He faced Auriella again, "Daughter of Dawn, what a pleasant surprise to have you here." He says, bowing his head.

Auriella smiles at him, "Thank you, sir. I was wondering if Ruth was here?" She asked.

Before the man could answer, a familiar voice yelled from the inside, "Arthur? Why has the music stopped? Is there-" Ruth appeared behind him.

"Oh, my sweet girl! You finally came!" Ruth exclaims, walking towards Auriella, and pulling her into an embrace. Her friend looks down at Perseus, smiling. "Look at what a handsome boy you are!" She says, petting his head.

She looks back up at Auriella, "Come in, my light." Ruth says, grabbing her hand and leading her into the home.

"Boys! I want to introduce you to Auriella, the Daughter of Dawn!" Ruth announces, making the three males sitting on the carpet frantically stand up straight. They all smoothen out their clothes and their hair, smiling at Auriella.

Ruth rolls her eyes, "My light, meet my three sons: Orion, Ares, and Ajax. And this," she turns back to the male, "is my mate, Arthur." She reveals.

Auriella gives the males a warm smile, "It's a pleasure to meet all of you. You all are blessed to have a woman like Ruth. She is a special soul." She says.

Arthur scoffs, "She is a pain most of the time, but I'd have to agree with you, Daughter of Dawn. Please make yourself comfortable here. We are delighted with your acquaintance." He says, earning a smack on his shoulder from Ruth.

Ruth waves her hand down to her sons, "Continue to play, boys. Auriella and I will be in the lounge. We have a lot of catching up to do." She says, before dragging Auriella into another room on the other side of her sizable home.

The lounge was small but comfortable. There were two couches sitting in the middle of the room on top of a fur carpet that Auriella's feet itched to touch. Perseus immediately made himself at home, laying on it first.

Ruth closed the door, blurring out the sound of music that started up once again. She walked towards the fireplace in front of the room, placing firewood before burning it up. "Sit down, Ella. You are safe here." She says.