58.

The Daughter of Dawn winnowed to the Night Court border with Perseus and Azriel at her side.

Immediately, she could see the shift in all of the men, see them become tense and wide-eyed. Their leader, Arsenio, clears his throat, staring anywhere else.

Behind her, Auriella heard her mate let out a low growl, staring at the men as if they were a threat to both of them. She could feel the possessiveness inside of him, wanting to rip the Peregryns to shreds if they did or said anything that could potentially set him off.

Arsenio takes a deep breath, "Daughter of Dawn, I understand that it might be a... bad time to call you here, but we need to debrief you on this." He says, "The Being has made a return, launching more of her creations to the borders. We have received word from the Spring Court border that hundreds of creations are swimming to their shore."

Auriella panics, remembering her attendant, Valeria.

Auriella narrows her eyes, "What do you mean? Where are those creations coming from?" She asks him, her heart tightening with worry. The Spymaster slides his hand into hers, trying to provide any sort of comfort, but there is none that she could find.

The leader shrugs once, "We are unsure. They carry an emblem unknown to us. One of the Peregryns retrieved a piece of the armor carrying the crest. They said that there were a number of them who had them. We were hoping that you could take it to the High Lord and High Lady of the Night Court to see if they recognize it." He tells her.

One of the soldiers takes out a piece of cloth, sliding it towards Auriella. She unwraps it, revealing the golden crest. There was one hand shaking another as if it were people coming to an agreement. There was a sun engraved behind it, shining upon the hands as if it were a new beginning.

Azriel takes a closer look at it, his heart sinking. "Fuck," He mutters.

Auriella turns to him, "You know it?" She asks.

The Spymaster panics, "I have to take this to Rhysand and Feyre immediately." He tells his mate.

"Then take it to them. I have to stay here. It's clear that things are amping up and I can't afford to turn my head away from everything that's happening. If you think that they know who that crest belongs to, then go and let them identify it." She says to him.

The Spymaster briefly looks at the men, "Ella, it is dangerous for me to be without you. I know that you can protect yourself, but the bond will always tug me towards you. I need you beside me." He says.

Auriella puts a hand on his face, "Then take Perseus. He is a part of us. He carries my scent. He was beside you in the three months I wasn't here. You told me that he was part of the reason why you are still sane." She tells him.

Azriel looks down at the wolf, "I'm not sure." 

She kisses him once, "I have to be here, Az. Remember, we might be mates, but we have duties to uphold, especially when it comes to our courts. I will not let Prythian fall and I know that you won't either. You have to go and so do I." She says to him.

He nods, kissing her once more, "Be safe."

I love you, Spymaster. She says through the bond.

He smiles at her, I love you, sunlight.

Then he winnows away, taking Perseus with him.

After he does, all the Peregryns let out a breath. Arsenio slowly looks at the Daughter of Dawn, giving her a small smile, "I don't know if I should say congratulations. It is definitely a surprise that the Spymaster of the Night Court is your mate." He says to her.