He turns to us and nods before looking back towards the conference room where many of the Alphas lingered watching the exchange. "It's time for the meeting. Let's go." He directs us. Tyler glares at him before moving to stand in front of our mate.

His hand cups her cheek before he leans in and kisses her lips softly, he pulls away and leans in to whisper in her ear, "I'll see you later darling. Call me if you need anything." She nods and smiles at him.

She turns toward me and nervously glances at the people around us. I give her a smile before I open my arms for her. The force of her body colliding with mine almost knocked the wind out of me. I chuckle as I wrap one arm around her shoulders and another around her head. I took a deep breath while letting my nose rest on the crown of her head so I could inhale her sweet scent.

I pressed a kiss to her head before murmuring, "I'll miss you today baby." She squeezes me tightly before letting me go and stepping back. I gave her another smile before I followed Tyler and Alexander to the conference room.

Rachel POV

"They are pretty cute." Melanie says as she wraps an arm around my neck. I laugh as I watch my mates walk into the meeting.

"Yes they are." I say. I turn and look at the four women surrounding me. Elle, Xander's mom, was dressed in a vintage house dress like always, with her salt and pepper hair styled to perfection. She was from Louisiana and all of her kids were as beautiful as her and they all had a touch of her southern accent.

Melanie was beautiful with her massive baby blue eyes and petite frame, just like her sister Daisy. Savannah and Xander favored each other with their impressive height, dark hair, and striking features.

These girls were the sisters I never had. We were practically inseparable when I lived in St. Louis. I forgot how much I missed them. "What are you guys doing here?" I question them.

They give me a duh look before Daisy says, "You really thought that we wouldn't hunt you down and find you? Oh darling, are you stupider than we thought?" I laugh at her and shake my head no. "Good, now we have a full day of fun planned with you." She says as she wraps an arm around my waist, they lead me out the front of the lobby and Daisy rests her head on my shoulder in the SUV and whispers, "I missed my favorite sister."

I let me head rest on her head, as I try to swallow all of the emotion building up in my chest. God, I had missed them. They drove me all over the city as we did all our usual outings, lunch on the Hill, shopping in the Central West End, and we were finally back at Elle's West End home hanging out in the kitchen.

"Ok, I'm dying to know how is it?" Mel asks me with a mischievous look. I arch a brow at her as Savannah and Daisy giggle and Elle smacks her butt with a whisk. "C'mon." Mel whines.

I bite my lip and say, "It's good. I love Tyler and Julian. They are very complementary to each other and we make it work."

"Ughhh, fine don't tell me how amazing the sex is." She grumbles, before squeaking as Elle smacks her a little harder with the whisk.

"Melanie, stop harassing her." Elle says before smiling at me as she begins to whisk the flour mixture in front of her. "Rachel, are you happy?" She says in only a voice a mother could make as they ask their child.

"Yes, I am." I say as I look down.

"What's wrong?" Daisy asks me. Her hand touches my shoulder.

"I just still don't understand Xander." I explain. They all share a look before Savannah rolls her eyes and sighs.

"Neither do we." She pauses and looks at her mom before continuing, "What that asshole did was inexcusable and he has not fully explained to us, other than crying over how heartbroken he is."