The Calling of the Wild

The cities light had failed. The battle between opposing sides had wrecked the blue tower that gave them their source of light. It was no more than rubble to look at, blocking and destroying a road of homes of those who lived there in seconds.

Selphira was not the original Astorian whilst the enemy Shadows numbers were starting to thin coming through the front entrance. The moving pieces entranced her actions for some time. Though the enemy didn't reduce to this fragile state from their lack of mass, that much was clear.

Everyone near the front gate could see the blackness moving away for whatever reason. Of all the beings, Mileena knew exactly what they were doing right away.

"They are thinking of what tactical advantage they can pull out on us," said the captain looking at them, her looking to the Water Spirits as they fought, thinking they were listening.

For some time their enemy was not moving at all outside the city of Swansie. Though most of the eyes fighting to keep the lands as it was found a disturbing thought in that these beings could now possibly think; they had shown no great feat of it in the past.

Selphira morphed into the mighty Original Astorian for her safety. She stood behind the Water Spirits, who seemed to be doing very well at holding them off.

The room around them was little because of the frozen Shadows covering their battlespace. Even though the roads were wide, it could not hold numbers at this level to keep stacking up.

The female Edeolon Warrior stood next to her dearest friend, the only one that survived from the latest group of the Edeolon Warriors. Her eyes were closed, and held her palms facing upwards in her humanoid form once again. It was as if something was coming from her turned hands, travelling into the air. Some kind of invisible energy she was summoning; almost everyone could feel it, even Eleanor and Christian from so far away gave a brief glance to its presence, but none could see the energy with their naked eyes.

It was only thirty seconds later when Selphira opened her eyes and saw that their battlefield had changed yet again. The Shadows stopped coming in altogether and were moving somewhere, but to where they were not entirely sure of. They could only imagine it was to the other entrance, or exit, depending on how you looked at it, where the last people of Astora would be easier to get to. To get rid of.

"The king needs help," shouted captain Mileena turning to her people, "move to him. Protect the king."

The sound was so quiet now, except the movement of the Shadows feet moving in the background.

Selphira turned into a soaring cheetah, a creature none of the Astorians had ever seen in their lives before; they all stood back in wonder from when she appeared as one. She ran with the speed of this creature on its side, the very reason she chose it. Her limbs positioning themselves in such a way that she was springing herself forward with every stride.

Selphira as this cheetah had to pass by Ematay and the crowds when she got to the other side of the city, they were not very near, as the city was not particularly big, but not small either. Selphira managed to get there within five minutes because of her great speed.

The rest of the forces to help were still some minutes away, and as soon as she got near, Selphira pushed past the large crowds. Most of them being the people of Swansie with magick weapons.

Each one moved out of the way in an urgent manner, Selphira then morphing into an Astorian—but as she did—orange dots flew through the sky in the horizon, hundreds of them. They lowered themselves to the city below and flowed from the Edeolon Warrior who was a Beast-caster.

The Fireflies glowed brightly in the dark night, and in the distance the Solar flare power from Queen Snowbridge, and also the fire magick.

There were only the star-bracelets now allowing the fighters to see. It seemed the dark did not affect the eyes of these shadowlike beings endless in numbers. The so-called and done 'destroyers'.

The doors at this end were being held closed by Selphira's beast magick again. Until some others helped, even though she did not need it.

But now there were about five hundred little, bright dots of what resembled flying fire bringing some natural light to the battlefield.

Fireflies went past the hordes of Astorians and carried on straight to the powerful Beast-caster. The lights from the creatures all brought attention to her towering height and monstrous look, before moving again.

Yet hope came to them from the Water Spirits and Fireflies in front, flying through the air and into the Shadows, them turning to dust with an aura of flames, sizzling their now turned black soot into the air's breeze, landing on the ground.

The two very different beings all darted through them seamlessly, taking out hundreds at a time, clearing a path for the Spell-casters wrath to be let loose on them.

Shadows seemed to dwindle at an incredible rate. With the five hundred Fireflies alone flying through the dark enemies, the Water Spirits kills were just a bonus help. Although not all was well. Fireflies were made from the fires of the god Emae. And it is fire, that is the Water Spirits direct weakness. And because of this, two Water Spirits turned to steam from coming into contact with these small, but powerful creatures. Covering a part of the city to quite a surprising degree.

Time had passed, and the Shadows were thin in numbers now. None of them ever thought they would see this day come so quick. But still with a great amount of effort.

The Water Spirits and Fireflies were nearly taking out thousands at a time with this new unique yet powerful army.

An army that could be said was from the gods themselves.

It was only a further few more minutes before all the Shadows were gone, and what was left had turned to soot.

"Finally. It is over," said Prince Etch.

Queen Snowbridge hugged her son and smiled. Even though she also wanted to mourn at the same time.

The prince felt almost the same as her mother, but also with an added pressure about what to do next. Whether he should rule or not, even though he knew inside his heart it was not the right time.