Astorians

There came a time in this world that the 'Book of Creation' was a known factor for the religion of Edeolon, but it soon turned into reason for that time to end and pass.

Too much panic, hate, and worry: The three all plagued the minds of the people. Many of the people.

So much had been trampled on, and little else was rebuilt—or built at all.

The tales of creation scared the people on Astora; the second lot of Astorians, the humanoids.

So the gods and high priests decided to hide this one 'Book of Creation,' and instead put the 'Text of Edeolon' on show to be read, to take its place and not frighten the masses.

Although only one book existed on each world; each being in the leader's domain, reminding him/her of where this person lived, and where they came from and are.

The 'Book of Creation' was written by the gods, as was the Edeolon book. Though the rulers of the three worlds took it upon themselves to control all the minds of the forthcoming ages... to not let them know about the true creation. For that alone stood with a race on Adalas, and few who witnessed such an act of power and creativity. Thus, the gods took the 'Book of Creation'—and it was never seen again. Yet one crafty human before it was gone, hand wrote a text very similar, hidden in a book that resembled very much so in every way—a storybook.

* * *

The Ematay team came down to the Heart of the Mountain; they finally saw the last of the steps.

"Thank the gods for that," said Christian. "My legs would have fallen off if the stairs continued much longer."

"I think all of ours would. It is saying something if it aches the bones of a young one though, when we are far older. Yet clearly not wise enough not to do this," said Ematay.

They saw an archway lap over a wall, attached to it, in front of the last few stairs that finally went into a straight line; not a spiral like the miles they must have travelled from the stairs, going down into this rocky depth of the floating land.

"This is where you come in," said Ematay to Christian.

The boy held his star-metal bracelet up to the wall that blocked the archway to get them to the other side.

"Can it not be blasted open?" asked Eleanor.

"No, this is protected by the oldest magick: Very set in its way, like an ageing man or woman. Feel free to try, but when I tried last time with my company... it did nothing."

The Battle-caster stepped up to the wall. It was made of clean, white, smooth stone that didn't fit in with the rest of the surroundings, even the dumbest of people could see there was something peculiar with this wall staring back at them.

He unsheathed his sword and raised the hilt, getting ready to strike. The others taking several steps back.

Dak the Battle-caster struck it with the hilt of his sword, and with his strike, a ringing noise emerged; coming with it the sound of an explosion erupting briefly, that being the sound of the kinetic power that he used to strike the wall with. There was a purple energy that glowed around this white wall as he did so, protecting it somehow, pushing the caster back—as if the energy he just put out came right back at him.

Dak was forced back two meters abruptly.

"Good job we all moved back," said Selphira, coyly. "The Swan Knight of the team was the perfect fit. Since you people are so good at taking damage, it was a good idea you executed this decision."

"Knew it would happen. I had to put up with it last time; learn from the past; it's all any being can do in the end," said Ematay.

"True," said Christian. He looked to the Edeolon Warriors. "You Warriors of Faith have been real quiet since you joined. Why so?"