Mistless Mountain

"We're here," said Ematay interrupting Christian's thoughts; his daydream.

Eleanor and Ematay looked above them. They stood before the Mistless Mountain: A mountain that no clog had ever formed around, though no one knew exactly why.

It stood so tall they could not see the tip at this angle, and the clogs they travelled through made sure they could not.

"Now what?" said Eleanor to Christian. She looked back to the thick mist clouding their path they had just taken.

Christian whispered to himself: "'You might mistake it for a star. But then that means you're not so far. Within this structure there are many. Although the two with jewels will help you plenty...'" He frowned at the base of the mountain. "The real question is if the mountain is the structure the riddle is talking about. Does it house something more secretive inside?" He paused in thought. "I'm not sure." The boy looked to the bright, close star now, and showed a facial expression that he just discovered something. He got off the horse and traced their steps back a few paces, seeing a light he did not notice before radiate from the star; the light was hardly noticeable because of its size, unless you waited for a minute like Christian; and measured the small, strong white light on the ground with a bit of string he had always kept in his pocket.

It moved. Granted, it wasn't far; yet it had still moved noticeable enough for eyes that could see minute detail.

"What is it?" said Eleanor getting of the horse. She looked at the hills blocking anybody from seeing them on one side, and the mountain on the other. They were alone, and they most certainly felt it.

"I think we've been looking for this in the wrong place," said Christian. "The light from the star is moving. Which means either the star is tracking something, or is guiding us to where we want to go."

"Do you think it is the—" Eleanor was interrupted:

"I really do. Only, if it is, then that means the Silver Cathedral is right beneath us."

The Star-caster thought of something suddenly then vanished from sight, for a few seconds.

He became visible again, scaring the two children briefly, and spoke: "I could see invisible light when I was invisible; from the star you are talking about. I think you might be right with this one. It is directing us inside."

"With this one? I haven't been wrong yet," said Christian, annoyed. He waited a moment before carrying on. "It flies. Yes. There is no doubt about it: The Silver Cathedral is floating in-between the floating land we are standing on now and the sea below. And this star is showing us where it is. I think. I hope. No, no, no. I know."

"What do you need us for?" asked Eleanor, "if you can carry a two-way conversation with yourself."

"oh, hardy ha ha madam find a lot," replied Christian.

"I could have told you that," said Ematay. "If you asked. And the light seems to be moving very slowly towards the Mistless Mountain," said the Star-caster. "Please stay on track folks."

"Then I believe that is where we'll find the jewels to get us there," said Christian.

The three of them made their way into the mountain.

None were entirely sure what laid inside, so it was a mystery to all. Which made the curious thoughts more harmful than not for the group.

About an hour passed before they decided they could no longer use their stallion inside the narrow pathways, meaning they had to let the poor mammal go alone.