Concealed

Eleanor, Christian and Ematay ran out of the entrance to the city much quicker than they came in, which at this time they were grateful for.

Yet something familiar happened once again.

Another black hole appeared, and with it—more Shadows. They rushed out the shadow portal, which looked the exact dark black as the enemies skin, making it hard to see until they moved away from their unnatural looking entrance.

"We're never gonna make it now," said Christian.

"Don't be too sure," said Ematay. He noticed the burned White Meadow. "We still have a bag of tricks left yet." He moved both the children in front of him. "There. We're all—"

"—Invisible," said Eleanor as she noticed the caster was now gone. Someone grabbed her.

"It's just me," said Ematay. "You won't be able to see me. So I'll have to quickly guide you both out of harm's sight. Because I have and control the magick, I can still see you, but not the other way around. Do you trust me?"

"We're gonna have to," said Eleanor.

"We will have to hurry and be as quiet as possible. Make sure you're careful. A Star-casters magick is very limited during the day." The children both nodded, then looked at one another. Though they couldn't see each others heads. It was like they just turned blind. Not partially—completely.

The Star-caster and the two children managed to get passed the swarming army. Although they heard the cries of others in the background; they ran as fast as their bodies would allow them, which resulted in surprising themselves with their own speed. It is nothing short of amazing that the best and worst of motivations comes to beings in near death situations.

Them not knowing what was happening made it worse in a way. They tried to suppress their thoughts, and cringed with an almighty compassion.

The three carried on running until they were out of sight of Sunndira city; so they could become visible again, and boy were they glad they did.

"Do you even know where we're going?" said Eleanor to the Star-caster.

"Yes, and no. That's the bad thing about us Star-casters. We normally have no sense of direction. They just need an imagination, and to have seen where we need to travel to. I think we take it for granted a lot of the times. But we can only 'star-port', as we call it, on our own. We cannot take others with us. It causes our magick to backfire, and makes a bit of a boom. We wouldn't be killed or hurt, but I wouldn't be able to use my star powers for a good hour. Which I wouldn't want to risk at these times."

All three of the Astorians slowed down now. They were walking through the burnt White Meadow still. But could now see the end of it.

"So we are walking blind here?" said Christian

"Unfortunately, we are," replied the man.

"Hold on a minute," said Eleanor. "One of the Swan Knights told us a clue of how to get to the Silver Cathedral. You know what I mean Christian, that poem. That riddle thing he told us."

"You're right," said Christian. "But what was it again. It went something like: 'The silver light that lies upon kites—'"

"Kites... KITES—no," replied Eleanor, "it went like this:

The silver light that lies upon night

It twinkles with a radiant light

You might mistake it for a star

But then that means you're not so far

Within this structure there are many

Although the two with jewels will help you plenty'"

"Do you suppose 'the silver light that lies upon night' is referring to the silver stream?" said the Star-caster.

"Woah, woah, woah," said Christian. "Remembering something I was told now. My mother said the silver stream was from the stars energy of the Point Defence Star System; which is a line of stars that hides the Starao three planets from some of the others, but it bounces back silver for reasons she didn't know. And you could only see it at night."

"I think we've just found where we need to go," said Eleanor.

"So then. We just aim for the direction of Silvarian," said Christian. "I know that it is just after that place."

"For kids, I am surprised by how switched on you both are," said the Spell-caster.

It was over five hours before they took their first break. The light from the sun was upon them; and they relished in it in their thirty minutes before they moved again.

Another hour on their journey, the Star-caster was lucky enough to exchange some of his possessions in his pocket: There was a magick silver sundial which he used quite often on the way, two silver coins and also a photo of what must have been his brother, who the children noticed was the other Star-caster in Sunndira city; the one who let them escape and probably died. At this time Christian pulled both pockets out, and all that fell from them was a bit of string he picked up and put back inside.

The man Ematay traded with managed to just accept the small silver sundial; he seemed very happy to have gotten such a trinket.

Although the children had nothing on them, except the tattered and dirty clothes they wore, which was going to be no good to a tradesman.

Now, they rode on a horse the rest of the way, the Star-caster telling them his name: Ematay.

It would have been another twelve hours by walking, but was cut down to about eight with the horse. They took one long break in these hours too, which seemed much shorter than it really was.