City of Light

They entered Sunndira.

The city was both lush and tacky at the same time, which seemed impossible in thought, but the sight seemed to adjust to the eyes of the little ones to see the truth of it. It was like a half-finished yet completed city, or a run down one that looked that way.

A well-polished silver statue of Starao stood tall to greet them when they entered. It was surrounded by some nurtured grass with steps going up to see a plaque Eleanor, Christian nor Miyah could work out.

Then there was little specks that were holes; they were here and there on the ground. Anybody could see all the way to the bottom, to the sea, at least if you tried to. As the children did this, they noticed the sea was calm, as usual, singing its serene song to the onlookers.

There was exquisitely crafted walls that protected the city: White, with such fine and effortless details of swans, and of what looked like several different kings. White ivy vines ran all the way around the inside of the wall, clutching to it like its exclusive friends.

Houses: Most looked old and worn, and were in need of some good work to be done to them; some looked so run-down that they appeared as if they would fall apart if you would touch them with a single finger.

The grey stone road lacked some actual stones, and Christian almost got his foot stuck in one, but Eleanor told him to "watch it" before that incident took place. His sister smiled as a response.

There was too many people wandering the streets, and to make matters worse the paths were too narrow for how many there was; this caused the Star-casters and two children to stop several times, to let people by and wait for others to let them by. It was human traffic, but without any kind of system.

"Nearly there folks," said one of the Star-casters. "And if you are wondering why this city looks so run down—then you can blame the Shadow attack from the last time they invaded. They went head-on with this city, but lost. Thank the gods. Although it felt more like a test than an actual battle they were trying to win."

He is young-looking. At a guess, probably about mid-twenties. The other must be a little older, thought Eleanor.

The other Star-caster then spoke:

"The priest is in the temple of Emae; it's a few minutes away from here." He gestured to it. "They always overcompensate when it comes to kings. And it's a whole other extreme when the being is the king of the gods."

The place of worship was the tallest building in the city, even taller than the star tower that gave light in the night. It had a sphere crafted from stone, and was painted like a sun. A white stone torch held it up from the inside.

"The god of sun, fire and light. Did you know his sacred animal is the Firefly?" said one of the Star-caster's again.

"I know," said Eleanor. "It's the one creature you can invoke and bring forth fire. Without following Emae."

"Very good, little one." The man then thought for some time. "Eleanor... why does that name sound familiar?" said one of the Star-casters.

"It's the name of the princess on Adalas," said the child. "My mother named me after her for some reason."

"Ah, yes. Of course. Eleanor Rosewood. Though little else besides her name is known to us here on this planet. Actually, few people have seen her who are not from her homeworld."

They all walked into Emae's temple. Small in size, but not in height.

Christian figured it had to do with the sun, and trying to reach out to it. There is always reasons with the gods and temples, and it's hard not to notice them at this scale.