Welcome Home

I bit onto my nail as I tapped my foot impatiently against the hardwood floor. Today was the day.

Morgan was finally coming home.

I had so many emotions bottled up I couldn't even begin to describe what I was feeling. Nervousness was definitely a main one.

"What time is it?" I called out.

Karen continued to fill the table with chips, finger sandwiches and just about anything else she could fit on it.

"Stop watching the time you will only make it worst." Prod pointed out.

I sighed as I went back to shaking my leg.

"Do you guys really think a welcome home party is what she needs?" Joanna asked unsure of it all.

I was thinking the same thing.

"Of course it is." Karen said surely. "She needs to know we are all here. This welcome home party will remind her that she has a strong support system." Karen pointed out.

The sound of a car door closing caused my heart beat to increase.

I looked out the window to see William helping Morgan out of the car.

"She's here." Ej announced.

My heart nearly burst out of my chest.

The front door opened as the two of them walked in. "Welcome home!" Everyone shouted off key causing laughter to fill the house.

A smile spread across Morgan's face as she took in the sight.

A smile is good. That means this treatment went well right?

One by one everyone begin to embrace her into a hug making her feel loved. As this occurred i stood over by the couch my feet stuck to the wooden floors.

How do I even go about approaching her?

I stood there not knowing what to do.

Princeton took her bag taking it upstairs while everyone broke out into small talk.

Morgan's eyes scanned the room until they landed on me.

Our eyes locked onto each other saying words our mouth couldn't spit out.

I swallowed hard as Morgan approached me. "Chres." She breathed out.

I snaked my arms around her waist pulling her into my arms. She let out a sigh of relief as she buried her head into the crock of my neck. "I have missed you so much." She mumbled against my skin causing me to hold her tighter.

She missed me? Thank god.

I had so many questions to ask her. So many things I longed to know but I decided not to mention anything until we were alone.

"Hungry?" Diggy asked as he approached Morgan with a plate.

She took it gratefully as I lead her to have a seat on the couch.

I watched her as she ate not being able to take my eyes off of her.

She was really here, sitting in our living room again.

"Mom" Morgan's eyes lit up as she jumped up off of the couch.

My eyes sifted over to the door watching Veronica come in.

"Oh honey." Her mom cried out as Morgan ran into her arms.

"What the hell is she doing here." I growled as I stood next to Karen and my father

"Well you can't forget she is her mother." Joanna reminded me as she joined us in the corner.

"I don't give a shit who she is. She literally ripped Morgan from this house. I don't like her." I growled.

William nodded his head in agreement as the four of us stood there glaring at the uninvited guest.

Minutes later everybody was sitting around making small talk again

At this point I was ready to kindly tell everyone to get the hell out.

"So honey tell us." Veronica began. "How was the retreat." She questioned.

"Oh." Morgan began as she placed the her spoon back into her ice cream. "Honestly it was great." Morgan said simply.

"Oh come on, tell us what was it like." Veronica pushed.

"At first it really weird for me. It's like for the first three days I wasn't even there." Morgan begin getting everyone's attention as she spoke. "I mean of course I was there,but mentally I was some place else. In a very dark place." She clarified.

"When I found out that I lost my baby I was numb. At that point I was just ready to give up on life, it was clear I couldn't do anything right.. Not even Carry a baby." Morgan explained as her tears begin to fall.

As I rushed towards her Veronica beat me to it by wrapping her arms around her daughter for comfort.

"It's okay sweetheart, continue." Veronica pushed.

I sat back down in my previous seat as I watched Veronica wipe Morgan's tears.

"The forth day I was there we did this sweat lodge activity." Morgan told us. "They sat us all in this hut, it was similar to a sauna it was so hot." Morgan chuckled.

The room joined in on her laughter.

Her laugh was so beautiful, I missed hearing that.

"But it was worth it. In that room we all had to open up about one thing that was weighing on our hearts heavy." Morgan continued. "And after I opened up I felt so much better." She smiled.

"I was able to enjoy the rest of my time there and the whole entire experience was truly worth it. It's exactly what I needed." Morgan announced.

It's exactly what she needed?

Oh.

"I'm so glad it helped." Karen smiled.

Morgan sent her a smile in return. "Thank you all for this amazing welcoming home. It made me feel loved." She admitted with a smile.

"That's because you are!" Princeton shouted out.

"Group hug!" Corny Ej exclaimed causing everyone to rush towards Morgan attacking her with hugs.