Life Will Go On.

Song for this chapter: breathe me~ sia

Chresanto pov

"I love you." Morgan told me again.

I chuckled. "I know baby." I assured her. "I love you." I said in return

She smiled. "I finally found out how I want to go." She told me as she played in my curls.

"How?" I asked her.

"I want to go before I get in pain. And I want die happy." She told me.

"Are you happy?" I asked her.

She smiled before kissing me. "Very much so."

I wrapped my arms around her tighter as I planted kisses on to her cheek. "You're so beautiful." I told her.

She smiled. "Chres, can you promise me one thing?"

"Anything." I told her.

"Promise me that you will find love again." She said.

I remained quiet as I leaned my head onto hers.

"What ever happens will happen." I said simply.

The room sat in an comforting silence.

"I'm immortal." She blurted out randomly.

I chuckled looking down at her. "What?" I asked.

"I will live forever. In here." She said pointing her finger to my heart.

"For sure." I smiled.

She smiled slightly as she eyed the pill on her table.

"Could you get me some water?" She questioned.

"Sure." I said getting out of the bed.

I turned back looking at her again before leaving the room.

It took me all of 10 minutes to get to a vending machine where I got her a Gatorade instead.

I tossed it as I made my way back to the room and once I opened the door the Gatorade dropped to the floor as I took in the sight in front of me

The container that once held the pill was empty as the love of my life laid there, lifeless.

I walked closer to the bed kneeling down before her. "I'll never forget you." I assured her before planting a simple kiss to her lips.

I pressed the button signaling for the nurse before I headed for the door.

~*~

"Chresanto" sky questioned as she opened the door.

"She's gone." I breathed out.

Sky stepped out wrapping her arms around my torso. "I'm sorry." She told me.

"I'm not." I said truthfully.

I knew she had to go. I'm so happy I got closure, it's what I needed.

Sure Morgan was dead physically but spiritually, she was still here.

****
{Epilogue}

"I'd like to politely say eat my dust bitch." Prod teased.

"Watch it." I warned him about his language.

He chuckled as him and Ej raced off up the street. Once they came back Ej had a smirk of victory on his face.

"That's because you got long legs." Prod pointed out making excuses.

I chuckled. "Yall so fast, I almost confused yall as some turtles." I teased.

"Ha ha ha real funny." Prod rolled his eyes.

I chuckled walking across the court just as Princeton went up for a jump shot. "After all these years you still garbage." I teased.

He chuckled. "Fight me then." He challenged.

"I'll take you up on that offer a little later." I assured him as I headed back to the picnic tables.

"Yall would want to have a family reunion on the hottest fucking day of the year." diggy complained pulling his shirt off.

"Language please." I reminded him.

"Oops." He smirked bending down kissing Payton causing her to giggle.

"Ew." I said picking her up. "He got the coodies." I told her causing her to laugh like she knew what coodies was.

"that's one beautiful baby." Joanna complimented.

"I second that opinion." Karen smiled before biting into her hot dog.

"I know." I smiled staring at my accomplishment.

"Give me my baby, you drowning her in sweat." Sky teased taking Payton from me.

"Hater." I said sticking my tongue out. "Give daddy kiss." I said puckering my lips.

Sky puckered her playfully as I kissed Payton. "I was talking to my daughter." I chuckled.

She stuck her bottom lip out pouting like a kid. "Okay you give daddy a kiss too." I said puckering my lips again.

She chuckled kissing me.

"Mmm Mmm Mmm." I groaned playfully. "So soft." I smiled before smacking her butt.

She let out a soft laugh as I took a seat next to joanna and Naomi.

"How's your art gallery going?" I asked her.

"Very good." She smiled.

"My baby famous." Joanna gloated before kissing her.

"All this PDA." My dad groaned.

Laughter filled the area. "Oh don't be a hater." Karen told him before planting a kiss onto his lips.

I couldn't help but smile as I took in the sight before me.

"Here." Sky said placing a plate of food down in front of me.

"Thanks babe." I said kissing her hand. I rubbed my finger across the diamond ring that I recently placed there.

I never in a million years would have thought me, Chresanto August would get married...

I guess you could say I had a change of heart. It's not so stupid after all.

"How Yall expect me to eat chicken with no Hotsauce?" Ej questioned.

"Black people." I said shaking my head as I headed for the house.

On my way into the kitchen I walked past the shelf which now held Morgan and rays ashes.

"I hope Yall up there living it up." I smiled.

Funny how things turned out..

But I wouldn't change a thing.