My Brother's Bestfriend

Song for this chapter:the A team~ Ed sheeran

Morgan pov

"Why did you tell me about this wedding last minute?" I asked chres as I stepped into my black pumps.

"Because I wasn't sure if we were going to attend it or not." He admitted.

"Why wouldn't we if she's your best friend?" I asked him before applying my red lipstick.

He sighed. "It's complicated." He told me.

I left it at that.

"Ready?" I asked turning towards him. I watched as he fumbled with his tie frantically.

I walked towards him removing his hands from it. "Let me." I told him as I tied it the way my father taught me.. He said I'd have to do this for my husband one day.

"Thank you". Chresanto mumbled.

I ran my fingers through his curls before kissing him. "Just calm down." I told him.

He smiled. "You are exactly what I need." He said causing me to smile.

"We better head out now." I told him.

He nodded graving the invitation and the small black box.

By the time we arrived, the church flooded with people. wow this girl must be well liked

"Chresanto." A lady called out.

"Mrs Rodriguez." Chres smiled as they embraced each other.

I smiled as I stood back awkwardly.

"This is my girlfriend, Morgan." He introduced.

Her smiled deepened as she embraced me as well. "You are beautiful." She told me.

"You are too." I blurted out causing her to chuckle.

"Such a sweetheart." She cooed.

"Is Bahja ready?" Chres asked her.

"Yes, but she is a nervous wreck. I can't calm her for anything." The lady, who I assumed to be her mother responded."she's in the back the first room to the right." Mrs Rodriguez pointed out.

Chres nodded before taking my hand in his tugging me along with him.

He knocked on the door and we stood there waiting.

Soon the door flew open and the girl's hands flew around chresanto instantly."you came." She cried.

"I wouldn't miss your big day for the world." He told her as he used the pad of his thumb to wipe away her tears.

A weird feeling washed over my body, one iv never really experienced before. As I stood back watching

"Something borrowed." Chresanto said as he passed the black box to her.

She opened it taking the beautiful necklace out. "It was my moms." He told her "I want you to have it." He told her causing my heart to drop.

"What? No way." She said placing the necklace back into the box. "This is something you give to your wife on your marriage day." She told him, I agree.

"My marriage day?" He chuckled. "We all know that is never going to happen." Chres shot. "No offense but weddings are stupid I can never picture myself doing this." He admitted.

The words slipping from his mouth so easily caused my heart to ache. So he didn't see a future with me?

She laughed lightly as she stared back at the necklace.