Pain.

Song for this chapter:Christiana perri~ a thousand years

Chresanto pov

"Are you hungry?" I asked Morgan as she sat in the window of the family room.

She ignored me as she continued to focus her attention out of the window.

I sighed feeling defeated. Morgan was so broken and it killed me inside knowing that I couldn't do anything about it.

The sound of the door bell made me tear my eyes away from her. I hurried to the door pulling it open. Sighing with relief as I allowed her mom in.

I called her last night and she flew in almost instantly, no one can ever doubt her love for her daughter.

"Where is she?" Veronica asked me.

"There." I said pointing towards the family room.

She rushed in that direction to find Morgan still sitting in the window. "How long as she been like this?" Veronica asked concern in her tone.

"It has been a week." I told her.

"My god." Her mom breathed out as she held her hand over her mouth eyes turning glossy.

I sure hope she doesn't start crying.

"Baby, mommy is here." Veronica told Morgan as she kneeled down before her.

Morgan refused to take her eyes off of the window.

"everything is going to be okay." Veronica assured her as she began to cry.

Her mothers tears wasn't even enough to cause her to move.

My heart ached as I stared at the girl I loved. It was like she wasn't even here.

I turned away from them going upstairs. I couldn't take the sight anymore.

As I went into the bedroom I tripped over a bag.

I bent down picking up the carters bag full of baby clothes and at that very moment I lost it.

My baby is really gone.

~*~
"Chresanto, would you come down here for a moment." Veronica's voice sounded from the bottom of the steps.

I hopped up from my desk hurrying down the steps.

As I walked into the living room two men stood there in black shirts.

My eyes scrunched together in confusion as I looked towards Veronica.

"What's going on?" I asked her.

"These men are here to take her away." Veronica told me.

My eyes nearly popped out of my sockets. "Excuse me what?" I asked her for clarification.

"They work with the Ananda retreat." Veronica told me. "I arranged for them to take her away for 2 weeks." She informed me.

"Excuse my language but are you out of your fucking mind?" I asked her. "I called you here to help, not to ship her away like some troubled child." I spat.

"I know you don't understand. But this is for the best,I guarantee it."Veronica assured me. "It is a yoga, meditation retreat in India."

"India?!" I nearly shouted. "It's official. You are insane." I told her. "No." I shook my head. "She isn't going."

"I'm sorry but I wasn't asking for your permission." Veronica shot. "I only called you down here to say goodbye." She told me.

I walked over to Morgan who was still looking out the window. "Baby I need you to say something." I choked out. "Please." I begged. "They are trying to take you away from me, let them know you are okay." I continued. Even though deep down, I knew she wasn't.

And still Morgan's eyes didn't leave the window.

"Take her." Veronica ordered.

The men began to approach Morgan before I stood up in front of her.

"You cannot do this!" I shouted. "You can't take her away from me. She's needs me right now, I can make her better." I exclaimed.

Veronica's eyes filled with sorrow. "If you could Chresanto you would have never called me." She pointed out making me wish I didn't.

The men gently helped Morgan up leading her to the door.

"Take good care of my baby." Veronica told them.

The closer Morgan got to the door the more it begin to feel like my heart was being torn out of me.

"This is for the best." Veronica assured me again. "You will see." She said surely.