"Why isn't it working?" Melanie asked quietly, leaning towards Malia slightly. Kira groaned, shaking her head out of nervousness. "Because I have no idea what I'm doing."

Malia sighed, looking around the room. "Kira, nothing's happening." Kira groaned, nodding her head and she tightened her grip on the wires. "I'm aware of that. I don't want to lose control because I'm scared I might fry the entire system."

Malia slowly walked towards Kira, moving so Kira could see her. "Stop worrying about what you might do. This isn't about you or me. It's about Lydia. We're here to save Lydia. We're here to save our friend."

Kira nodded, letting out a small exhale before turning back to the electrical box. Kira's eyes instantly turned orange as sparks surrounded her and the wires, making Melanie let out a happy laugh. "Kira, it's working. Keep going."

A loud beeping from the computer made Malia and Melanie run towards it, smiling at "Reboot system" on the screen. The lights flickered before they dimmed, making Malia nod.

"Okay, now we gotta go." Malia said as Kira let go of the wires. The three walked towards the door. They slowly peaked their heads out and watched four guards walk into the check in room, making Malia's eyes go wide. "Those guards shouldn't be there."

"We could get past them." Melanie whispered and Malia nodded. "We could. But we don't want to set off any alarm until Lydia is out."

"Perimeter security, check in please." A voice sounded over one of the guards radios. The guards all looked at each other before walking down the hall. After a few seconds, Malia turned to the sisters, nodding and running out of the room.

As soon as they got to the main room, they saw the desk guard on the floor unconscious as if he was attacked. Melanie bent down, checking for a pulse when she suddenly felt a pounding headache. She groaned, fell back to sit down as electricity came out of Kira's hands, her eyes wide. "It's started. The same things happening to her." Kira whispered, nodding to Melanie.

Malia sighed, grabbing Melanie's hand to help her up. "We need to get you two out of here." 

Melanie shook her head worriedly, looking up at Malia. "What about the others?" Malia looked down at Melanie and nodded reassuringly. "They should already be back at the morgue. Let's go."

She tightened her grip on Melanie so she didn't stumble as Kira ran after them towards the morgue.

As soon as they got inside, alarms started blaring, making them all freeze. Malia went to open the door but as soon as she touched the metal of the door handle, she was electrocuted. She and Melanie flying back since they were still holding hands.

"Lockdown." Melanie whispered, her eyes wide. Kira shook her head, panic taking her over as Melanie leaned up against the wall. "I don't know how long I'm going to last." Kira mumbled as Melanie turned to her. "How did you stop it before?"

"Scott carried me outside, which almost killed him." Kira groaned out, her eyes orange. Melanie cringed at Kira's words, shaking her head to calm herself as more electricity circled around Kira and Melanie's head ache her more and more. "Okay, uh... Maybe we could try grounding you to something."

Kira shook her head. "You have a degree in electrical engineering? 'Cause I don't know how to do that." Melanie suddenly felt a small tingling feeling on her wrist and hand. She looked down and saw the veins in her wrist slowly popping out and turning into little vines. Her once faintly blue veins were bright green, small little leaves coming of out it. "This can't be good..." She mumbled.

Malia turned to see what she was talking about, her eyes going wide as she looked back and forth between the sisters. Another spark circled Kira, almost hitting Melanie, making her duck just before she could get electrocuted.

Sign of the Times | Liam DunbarOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara