"I'm sorry. I'm sorry!" Mason rambled, shutting his computer and looking between Melanie and Liam. "We need to hide them. The people that saw the Ghost Riders."

Liams face scrunched, immediately shaking his head. "We need to fight the Ghost Riders." He said and Mason looked at Liam with wide eyes, leaning across the table slightly as if it would prove his point more. "We need to hide them."

Melanie nodded, making the Hewitt boy smile, glad she was on his side until his face dropped when she spoke. "You can hide them. I'm gonna fight them."

"Who's them?" A voice said, standing over the three. The sophomores turned their heads, their eyes landing on Scott who was watching them with an amused smile.

"The ghost riders." Melanie and Liam said as Mason said, "The kids at the party." at the same time. Scott pursed his lips, taking the seat beside Mason as he nodded. "Got it."

Liam scooted his chair into the table more, turning to Scott. "We could get a lightning rod. Attract the ghost riders and catch them off guard." Mason pointed at Liam, shaking his head before turning to Scott as well. "But since everyone from the party is in danger, all we need to do is find a safe place to hide them until the storm passes."

Melanie shook her head at Mason plan, a frown growing on her face. "The ghost riders ride the lightning. Nowhere is safe." Melanie said and Mason turned to her. "It is, if we're underground. The earth can ground the lightning's electrical charge. Everyone would be safe."

Melanie and Mason both turned to Scott, wanting to hear his thoughts. Scott looked between the three with wide eyes before sighing, leaning closer to the table so only they could hear him. "Okay... Here's what we're gonna do. We take everyone into the argent bunker. It's underground."

Liam rolled his eyes, angry that Scott didn't agree with him. "We stopped the ghost riders last night. We can do it again." Scott turned to Liam, raising his brows as he shook his head. "You didn't stop them. They just retreated. We don't know why."

Melanie sighed in defeat, knowing Scott wouldn't change his mind. She let her head fall into her arms that were resting on the table, looking up at Scott tiredly. "Okay. How do we get everyone inside the bunker?"

...

"Is this a joke?" Nathan asked, looking up from the picture of the Ghost Rider Melanie had given him after explaining what they are and that they're after him. Melanie sighed, knowing this was a stupid plan. "No. And you got to take this seriously. Once we're all in the bunker, we'll be fin-" "I'm not gonna miss the first game of the year so that you can make captain." Nathan snapped at the girl, crumbling the paper and throwing it at her face.

Melanie felt anger fuel up in her. She bent down, picked up the paper and stomped after Nathan. "Can you get your head out of your own fucking ass for once!" Melanie yelled, pushing Nathan's back, making him stumble forward slightly.

Nathan turned around to look at Melanie in shock before cowering slightly at her angered look. "There was a man with a gun. And he's coming back for everyone that was at the party. So how about you listen to me, save yourself, hide in the bunker and maybe you you won't die." Melanie yelled, her eyes squinting as she said her last sentence.

Nathan gulped at the girl, nodding his head. Melanie gave him a fake smile, tilting her head. "Good. And by the way..." Nathan looked up at her, watching as her smile dropped and she glared at him, "I'm getting captain way before you ever will." She snapped.

With that, Melanie passed the boy, bumping her shoulder with his and continuing to her next class.

...