12. Snug Nights In

Start from the beginning

"First one is always the worst." Tae set the laptop down on the blanket beside him. I giggled, knowing full well that was the truth.

"Jia" Jimin beckons from next to me.

"Yeah?" I turned, his hair was pushed back and he was eyeing me.

"There's something I wanted to ask you," he says.

"Go ahead." Where was this suddenly coming from? He looks like he's about to cause some mischief.

"So, what do you think of our little Kookie?"

"Oh, um. Yeah, he's cute. Why?" He was more than cute but I should probably keep that to myself.

"Just cute?" Jimin said slyly, "That's all?" He nudges me playfully.

"Yeaaaah. He's.. kinda sexy too... But! You didn't hear that from me, okay? Seriously don't repeat that!" I uttered.

My confession causes Jimin to burst into a little fit of giggles.

"Interesting," Tae hummed, laying down on his side, closing any gap in our 3-way circle. Head resting on his hand. Was he getting comfortable with the gossip that was about to ensue?

"What about me and Jiminie then?" He asks.

" like you both, too," I say, fighting the urge to bury my face in my hands from embarrassment.

"But, if you could only pick one?" Jimin perked up, edging closer to me as though keen to hear my answer. I glance between the two a couple of times in contemplation.

"That's not fair. There's no way I could pick. I like you both so much."

"Aww, that's cute," Tae smiles. At that moment a buzz came from the intercom. It must be Jungkook. The first to jump up was Jimin, he went over to let him in. I turn to look as Kookie comes in, the faint lighting and the way he walked in made him appear handsome and sort of mysterious.

"About time, what took so long?" Jimin probed, closing the door behind him. Kookie squints towards Tae and me. He was most likely trying to adjust his vision.

"Yeah, sorry. Just Hyungs wanted to make sure I had the rap right. You know what they're like." Kookie lazily slung his bag down by the couch and made his way over.

"Mm. Oh okay," Jimin mumbled, coming back over and sitting in his spot beside me. Kookie bent down and picked up Tae's legs, moving them over so that he could sit next to me. Tae sat up to make space for the youngest.

"So, what I miss?" Kookie smiles at me, eyes crinkling cutely as he asked.

"Oh... Not a lot! Jimin was about to pour more shots," I quickly answer. Hoping that the other two wouldn't repeat what I said about ten seconds ago.

"Was I?" Jimin laughs.

"Nooo. Let me do it. Jimin always pours." Tae interjects, edging closer to the table and picking up the Soju. I could feel Jungkook glancing at me every so often. He was sitting quite close to me. Why was I so sensitive to his presence right now?

I look back over to Tae and Jimin to try and distract myself. The next second, we had all taken another shot, Jimin convinced Kookie to take two seeing as he was late, which he didn't refute. I watched as he swallowed them both with ease. Then, he rummaged through the pile of snacks before taking two different packets, casually popping a few gummy bears in his mouth at a time.

"Hmm, so what should we do? Game? A Movie maybe?" Jimin looked between the three of us.

"A Game!" Tae exclaims.