CHAPTER 102: REUNITED BUT FOR HOW LONG

Start from the beginning

Judy .said "I know. I mean when you and Tommy were telling us about I mean when we did that last case and it upset him and he was telling us why, we both thought that would be horrible, almost like a rape. But to think that it was you, that could have happened to you, I have to tell you it really upsets me, and I mean I'm so sorry, how badly you were hurt, I know what it did to you, but if Tommy wouldn't have done that, to think."  Sydney said "yeah I know. It just makes me sick.  And Steve has seen my without clothes.  I don't even want Tommy to see me now."  She said "I know that. So yeah I when Booker told me you were the friend I just that's one of the first things I thought of."

Sydney said "It's a relief and makes me happy to know that Tommy didn't want to hurt me, and he was my friend for real, and Judy it breaks my heart, cause he tried to find me. He came to my house and stayed all night in his car, he went to my work."  She said "I know. He hired a private eye."  Sydney said "yeah but that upsets me, cause the private eye told him I stood in front of a train, he gave him a clipping, and obit. I read it for myself. It's me, It's my picture, my name, my obit. And Judy it's even more creepy. Tommy said that he used to go every Sunday to my grave and bring flowers."

Judy said "oh my God  there's a grave with your name on it."  Sydney said "yes who would have done that Judy. I mean I don't understand"  Judy said "So this private eye, you think he would have like conned Tommy and done it?"  Sydney said "Tommy says no that he was a friend of his dads, he doesn't think he would have done that. "  Judy said "Is Tommy going to call the cemetery and get your name taken off that grave."  Sydney said "yes he is. He's upset by it. But it was so sweet, he said that he went there every week, but when he left to come to Dallas, he paid for monthly floral arrangements."  Judy said "how sweet, he really did love you."  Sydney said "He did Judy."  Sydney was crying.

Sydney said "he says that he didn't realize it until I was gone, that he missed me, that he realized how much he cared when I wasn't there. How I was the only way he got through his dad's death. He said that when he left to go to Dallas he spent a day talking to me, telling me he wouldn't forget me, but why he had to go to Dallas. And oh Judy guess what. He told me that when he met me at Jump Street and he was falling in love with me, he sat in his apartment and talked to me, Michelle, and told Michelle all about Sydney. He said he was in love with me, and he wanted be a good man to me, and he couldn't miss his chance with me, so he had to say goodbye and had to let go of me not forget but he couldn't live in the past, he couldn't just go around feeling guilty and hating himself and everyone and miss out on being with me, and being happy."

Judy said "So he was talking to Michelle telling her about you. So crazy, but honey so sweet.  He really does love you, more than we knew.  you know I bet that is why he fell so hard so fast, and for the first time. I mean he had never been in love before, all these girls all these years, then one look at you, and he was gone You guys already had a connection."  Sydney said "Right."  Tom and Abby came back in.  Sydney said "Judy I'll talk to you later."  She said "ok"  Tom said "you didn't have to do that, I can leave if you want to call her back."  Sydney said "no I was just we were just  talking. It's fine."  Tom said "Abby had fun on her walk. The next door neighbor girl was playing in her little pool, and some water had got on the sidewalk, so Abby was like licking it up."  Sydney said "yeah she did that yesterday."

Tom sat down.  He said "you want to be alone or just you and Abby I mean?"  Sydney said "no it's ok. I am still just trying to think I mean how would this private eye get this obit, all my information, and then if there is a body Tommy."  Tom said "I don't know. I'm going to call him, and I will hire him to find out if I need to. I really don't think he did this. So can you take me back to when you left town and went to your aunts?"  Sydney said "yeah I called her, asked her and told her how my mom treated me, she said that she had no idea of any of that or she would have done something. So then I went and she took me in She got her lawyer friend from church to help me.  He talked to me and wanted know how my mom treated me. So I told him all about how she always said I was bad, damaged, that my dad left cause he hated me, didn't want me, she wished she would have killed me."  Tom was rubbing Sydney's back.