11) Streets

"Damn papa, you a rare breed
No comparing
And it's motherfucking scary
Tryna keep him 'cause I found him
Let a ho know
I ain't motherfucking sharing"

********
JOY

"Wanna join the mile high club?" Yoongi said slyly, taking out of his black headphones.

It honestly wasn't a bad idea, not that Joy contemplated for too long. The image did pop up in her mind though.

They were in Yoongi's private jet, lavished in black leather. The pilot was shut off from them. He had sent the flight attendant to get lunch in the front. It was only them.

And the man himself sitting right next to her. Bleary eyed, black hair ruffled, and anxiety veiled with boredom. Matching black sweat-pant set making him look comfy and inviting.

She knew better from the way he gripped his armrest that he was afraid of flying. Good thing she wasn't.

"I don't know. Ask me again and you can join the 6 feet under club instead."

Her heart skipped a bit when Yoongi smiled, the laugh stifled within his lips.

"I love it when you talk murder to me." He said darkly, quirking an eyebrow at her.

Joy fidgeted in her seat, knowing that expression all too well. It was suddenly too cramped for her to remain in her seatbelt.

"It's easy enough for me."

Seeing how she deadpanned the statement Yoongi leaned back a bit, letting up on the flirting. Joy liked when he could tell she was in a bit of a mood. That understood acceptance instead of haughty pride. He never asked why she had an attitude, and she never got offended when he did either.

It was a mutual understanding of humans being human, while knowing they got agitated a lot quicker than the rest of their peers.

It was comforting to never hear "are you mad at me?"

No I'm just tired. Tired of smiling.

"I'm sorry. I get uncomfortable while flying." Yoongi sighed out, giving her a bashful lift of his shoulders.

A slight pink dotting his cheeks.

"You're scared of planes?" The girl, also dressed entirely in black, asked while picking at the edge of her hoodie.

Yoongi had let her get her nails done before the trip. Paid for everything. They were long and coffin shaped, matte black.

"No I'm scared of heights. Take my mind off of it please?"

"With a handy?"

Again, that reluctant smile. Joy liked prying the happiness out of him. It felt more rewarding than it did with people who liked to enjoy things.

"Not a bad idea. But I'd love to hear more about your life."

Joy wilted a bit. The hard stuff. Not the easy effortless flirting and bantering they had grown accustomed to.

She hated talking about herself. It felt awkward to share personal things. She disliked over sharers, but she never felt that way with Yoongi. He was genuine, she knew he would take any information she gave and actually care about it.

She just felt strange when letting any information about herself go.

The strong willed girl knew it was time though.

"Well, in case you couldn't tell from the slight accent. I grew up in the States. New England to be exact. I lived in a small, boring town but I loved every bit of it. Cute little shops. Festivities at every holiday. That's where my love for all things autumn and winter began. Everything in my town was more beautiful when it was decaying. And that, is how my talent for writing began. I miss it so much." Joy blurted out, voice slightly shaky for no reason.