7) Baby Come Home 2/ Valentines

"Who am I gonna call?
Who's gonna catch me when I-
Who's the one you're sleeping with?
Well don't you sit in front of me
And wait for me to talk"
Baby Came Home 2 / Valentines -The Neighbourhood

*********
Yoongi 

"Why did you drag me in here? Let's go enjoy the party! I didn't even get to dance with all the friends yet. Or greet everyone." Celine said, a little out of breath as they walked into a room that was so dim he could barely make out the color of her champagne eyes.

The door to the front, left slightly open. He had nothing to hide.

She said she had to greet people.

Which didn't make sense to Yoongi because it had already been two hours into the occasion. And she'd danced with all of their friends. He had just avoided most of them.

Especially Jin.

"I can't. Joy was right. I was lying to myself." Yoongi said, more to himself then to her.

Speaking of Joy, he shouldn't have run off from her. What if she felt awkward and alone?

Why was he so dizzy?

He felt himself falling forward a little bit. Stumbling as he held out and caught what he thought was the wall. But no. It was warm, soft skin. That smelled like vanilla and probably tasted much sweeter.

His breath caught, body stilling. She held onto him, not in the slightest bit affected.

Could she ever feel affected by him?

"Yoongi are you okay? How much did you drink?" She asked in a worried tone.

He watched, her golden features muted in the shadowy lighting. Her brows knitted together, lips parted as she lifted her hand, feeling the temperature of his forehead. Doting on him as if he were only a child, and not a man that could love her.

The man wobbled, succumbing to the sound of her sweet voice. The one that had haunted his dreams. 

"I just, I just need to tell you how I feel! How I've felt. You don't even have to say anything. I just hope you could listen." He said softly, grabbing gently onto the hand that touched him.

And without warning, anger flashed in her eyes. Swiftly she pulled her hand away. And herself. As they were close to the wall, she held herself there.

"No Yoongi. This isn't right." Celine's voice quaked as she said it, though sharp indignation spilled through.

Yoongi laughed, though absolutely nothing was funny. His head swam with emotions and thoughts that threatened to swallow him whole.

So he just turned them off. Like a switch. He'd been able to do it ever since he was a kid. And then he was numb. Numb to everything.

"Funny, that you're lecturing me about what's right and wrong when it comes to love." Yoongi said, smiling into the darkness.

He couldn't lie. It was satisfying to say it. And he knew it would set her on fire. He watched as her eyes turned molten and she was now far away from the wall.