5) Violent

Petals off of flowers, did you ever really love me?
Now my nose is filled with powder
And I think that she's still lovely, oh no
She knows I'm a wreck
Violent-Carol's Daughter

**********

"Hey, Joy. It's me. Um Yoongi."

Joy laughed, watching the omelette she was cooking run across the pan. The only phone was on speaker, ringing out in her dark colored kitchen. Painted a dark green with gold accents and black appliances.

"Yeah, I know."

The man shuffled around, coughing a little bit as if to attempt to laugh with her. But being to nervous to do so. She wondered what got him so flustered.

Well, they did almost do it in the bathroom of a club.

"Oh good. Great. So I'd like to ask you something." His smooth voice carried out, deepening with the question.

It made her stomach flutter in ways she wished she could forget.

"Go right ahead. If you must." The black haired girl coyly replied, trying not to burn her food as she became distracted.

"So would you-"

"The shirt you're wearing is hideous!" Another voice screamed out, drowning Yoongi's soft bit stern tone.

This one was much more shrill. It made her laugh though because she heard the blonde haired man cursing at the unknown voice. And what turned into a possible slap fight.

"Yoongi? Who was that?" Joy asked, throughly confused and also entertained.

The man chuckled darkly, "Sorry. That's my really annoying friend Jin who needs to shut up. As I was saying, would you mind being my date to something?"

I thought you'd never ask. Well I was hoping you would.

"Woah, slow down there lover boy. Date? For an emotionally unavailable man? Who loves another girl?" Joy said, trying to hide her giddiness with a blasé tone. Why not torture him just a little bit?

It was too much fun.

This time Yoongi audibly groaned, as the friend named Jin let out the loudest gasp she'd ever heard. The girl tried to control her laughter, placing a hand over her mouth as she heard Yoongi get repeatedly slapped in the arm, dramatic ow's leaving his mouth and exploding his toned down exterior.

"What? You love her? You told me it was just a crush! Dirty liar!" Jin yelled out, making the speaker phone crackle.

Yoongi once again sighed in an almost apologetic way over the phone. He didn't get that him being yelled at like a first grader was the most exciting thing to happen for her all day. And so rewarding.

"Oops. Didn't know it was a secret." Joy said with all honesty, feeling bad.

The young woman hadn't meant to spill the beans. She had assumed that all of his friends knew. Which was her mistake, considering the stories she has heard about all of them.

"Sorry for him, it's not your fault."

At this point the man sounded a little defeated. And she didn't like that. She wanted him to feel as confident as he was yesterday when he had held her close to him, only a centimeter of space between them.

"Well, just so you know I wouldn't mind. Being your date I mean. I happen to like being around emotionally unavailable men. And for some reason helping you. So where are we going?"