25

For the past few days, I've been avoiding Mattsun. Not because I didn't want to see him, I really did but because every time I was near him, everything would be too loud. I really hated it but I still wanted to spend time with him. I knew that he hated me now but I really missed him. Every time I found myself walking to the coffee shop, just to turn around halfway there. Mattsun would just think that I was using him further and hate me if I actually came. But I couldn't live like that either. I wanted him to be with me but maybe we weren't destined to be together. Maybe he should move on and find someone better than me.

"What happened?" Oikawa asked. Of course, he would notice. "Mattsun and I broke up," I replied. "Didn't you start dating a week ago?" Oikawa said. "We did but he found out something and now feels betrayed," I explained. "What did he find out? I thought you guys didn't have any secrets?" Oikawa asked. "We don't but there is this one big secret nobody knows about and he found out," I responded. "What secret could you possibly keep that is so bad that your boyfriend breaks up with you and that you didn't even tell me, your best friend?" Oikawa asked. "I can read minds," I stated. There was no point in hiding it anyway. "You can what?" Oikawa exclaimed. "I can read minds and when Mattsun is around all the voices in my head get quieter and he thinks that this is the reason why I dated him which isn't true but he still thinks that and now he hates me and this power reversed and now everything gets louder when I'm around him," I explained. "That was a lot and also explains a lot. Anyway, we need to fix that immediately. You two were made for each other," Oikawa said. "I can't. He hates me and when he sees me, he'll think I'm trying to use him again," I responded. "I don't care, come with me," Oikawa replied. "But," I tried to protest but Oikawa already pulled me along.

As soon as we reached the coffee shop, I could hear the noises intensify. It was really loud and I wanted to turn around immediately. But I also knew that I couldn't run away forever. One day, Mattsun and I would have to talk about it and it was better if we did it right away.

"I didn't think you would show up," Mattsun said. "Oikawa dragged me along. Besides, we need to talk about it sooner or later," I responded. "Yes, we do," Mattsun replied. "Okay first of all, what I said the last time, I meant it," I stated. "Stop lying. Makki, please. All I want is to believe you but I can't. I can't let myself get hurt again," Mattsun said. "Please, Mattsun, I'm not lying. I am in love with you. I know that you know it. Hinata told you. Hinata can read my mind, remember? He knows that I tell the truth. You know that I love you and don't use you," I replied. "Stop reading my thoughts," Mattsun said. "I can't Mattsun, you're practically screaming," I responded. "Just get out of my head. You don't need to be there, you can just decide to leave," Mattsun replied. "I am not in your head, Mattsun. Being in your head would probably kill me if your presence doesn't do it before," I said.

"What do you mean by that? What did I do? Last time I checked, you were the one hurting me," Mattsun responded. "Being near you hurts me. Your presence feels as if someone replaced my brain with hot metal. It hurts so much, I just want to run away," I explained. "Then do it," Mattsun said. "I can't because I can't stay away from you, Mattsun," I said. "Why?" he asked. "Because I love you," I replied. "Then stop loving me," he said. "I can't," I responded. "Well that's the problem," he replied and that's when we both broke out in laughter. We both were sad, hell we were crying but we just couldn't help it.

"I'm sorry that I hurt you," I said. "I'm sorry for not believing you," Mattsun responded. "I didn't use you," I said. "I know," Mattsun replied. "So, everything okay again?" I asked. "Everything okay again," Mattsun said. "So you're my boyfriend again?" I asked. "Yes," Mattsun confirmed. "That's nice to hear," I responded. "Yes. But do you know what that means?" Mattsun asked. "I don't," I replied although I did. I was still able to read his thoughts after all. "I get to kiss you," Mattsun said. "Please don't," I begged. "Why not? I thought you were my boyfriend?" Mattsun asked. "I am but I would boil alive," I said. "Just once, please," Mattsun begged. "Fine," I agreed. "But just a short one," I added. "Yessir," Mattsun replied before leaning in and kissing me.

One moment I felt as if I was burning alive, but the next, everything was cold and quiet. Everything stayed silent, even when we stopped kissing. I was still able to read other people's thoughts but only when I really wanted to. I guess true love's kiss could really solve every problem.