20

Makki and I would meet in a few hours and I was more excited than usual. Was it possible that I was catching feelings for him?  I knew that he was an amazing person but someone couldn't catch feelings that fast, right? Turns out you could, I was living proof for that. 

But how was I going to act around him now? Makki could read people easily and he would realize immediately if I didn't somehow hide it. I should just ask normal around him, not awkward. Just act like I didn't like him, as if I saw him as just a friend. That couldn't be that hard, right?

I shrugged it off and tried to clear my head by taking a shower. It worked a bit but I still thought about Makki all the time. I tried to think of something else but everything reminded me of him. 

Mattsun has been acting off since he arrived about an hour ago. I really wanted to read his thoughts but this was an invasion of privacy and I started to really dislike the idea of reading Mattsun's thoughts without his consent. Not that he would ever give me consent because he would never know about my power. 

I just shrugged it off and went back to watching  The Vampire Diaries with him, making comments from time to time. I was laying in his arms and it was the best thing ever. Our skin touched and I could feel the butterflies in my stomach. But the cold feeling of silence flooding my senses was almost better. It was almost completely quiet. All the noises just sounded like a broken radio in the back of a bar. It was almost completely quiet. It was awesome. 

Mattsun really liked it as well. He was probably touch starved but so was I. The calmness and the butterflies were just a plus on my side. 

Soon hid mother came home. She walked into the room while Mattsun was playing with my hair. I immediately read her thoughts. I needed to. I didn't know her yet and she could be a hunter for all I knew. But luckily she just thought that we were dating and just didn't tell her yet. 

She left the room after looking at us for five minutes to prepare dinner. Even though I really wanted to stay, a conversation with Mattsun's mother wasn't something I wanted to experience today. She seemed like a really nice person although I only knew her from reading her mind for five minutes and reading Mattsuns mind a few times before. He also told me a bit about her but that was it. Still, I didn't know her that well and I preferred staying in my comfort zone. 

"I need to go now," I said. "Can't you stay a little longer?" Mattsun asked. "I would love to but no. We will see each other soon, I promise," I responded before standing up and walking to the door. Mattsun followed me and then hugged me before I opened the door and walked home. 

On my way, I listened to the conversation by reading Mattsun's thoughts. His mother asked him if we were dating and he blushed a lot. I think he maybe likes me. Wait what?