1

It was annoying. I heard the thoughts of everybody since I was born. At first, it wasn't that bad but with time it got more and more. Now, I could hear everybody who was within a radius of 10 kilometres. But on some days it was somehow numbed. If I was on this junction, at exactly 3:36 pm during the week, everything was numb and only if I wanted to, I could hear someone's thoughts. They were still in the background but I could finally think clearly. I loved it. 

Sadly, it only lasted 10 minutes, some more if I walked towards the train station but then at some point, it got cut off completely. If I just knew the source, my life would be way easier. But the universe couldn't do anything right so I had to live with it. 

It was enough to have ten minutes of silence every day. I didn't know what I would do without it. 

But, of course, the universe hated me and as I stood there on an average Friday and it wasn't there. The comforting silence was gone. It was as loud as average. Even after an hour, it wasn't there. 

I sighed. The only good thing in my life was gone. But I delt enough time without this break to survive. Still, it was something I always looked forward to. I would just go back home and do whatever I wanted to. 

Finally. Finally, I got accepted. I was really happy. I always wanted to work in this one Café or more a coffee-shop, near this one highschool for rich and some super-smart people. It was well paid and the atmosphere was nice. I probably would've gone there already but it was just for students from that high school. There would be some annoying people but I wouldn't mind that. I was just happy that I got to work there.