24

I still couldn't believe it. Makki liked me back and we were officially dating. I was really happy, yet, I couldn't forget what Hinata said. I decided to just ask Hinata when I saw him later.

When I arrived at the coffee shop, I saw Makki and Hinata sitting at a table, staring daggers at each other. Well, Makki did. Hinata just sat there, looking guilty. "Hello," I greeted them before doing the same thing with my coworker, Suga. "Hello," Makki said before he turned his attention back to Hinata and continued to stare daggers at the younger. I guess Hinata really messed up. Was it still about the things Hinata told me? Because if something that little could upset Makki that much, he must have a secret. Hinata didn't tell me that much so he must have implied something Makki was afraid I would find out. But what could that be?

"It looks like they have a conversation without talking," Suga said. "Yeah. They do that all the time," I responded. "But how? How can they keep a conversation or at least make it look like one without moving their lips?" Suga asked. "I have no idea," I replied. "Maybe they have telepathy," Suga suggested. And that was when it clicked. Everything suddenly made sense. They couldn't read other people, they could read other people's thoughts. And they didn't have telepathy, they were both able to read other people's thoughts. That explained why Makki could put himself in other people's shoes that well. Or why he always knew when I was feeling down. Or why he was so confident when confessing to me. Now that I thought about it, did he really mean it or did he just do it because he knew about my feelings and didn't want to hurt me?

"Hey, Mattsun, I need to go now, meet up with Oikawa, but we can hang out later. I'll just come over if that's okay," Makki suggested. "That would be great," I responded. He then kissed me before leaving. Now that I thought about it, did Oikawa know?

"So you figured us out?" Hinata asked. I just stayed silent. "Oh come on, I know you did. I can read your thoughts, remember," Hinata said. "Does Makki know?" I asked. "No, he doesn't. He decided not to read your thoughts anymore," Hinata replied. "But he did at one point, didn't he?" I asked. "Of course he did. It's natural for us. Normally we hear the thoughts of other people all the time, we can't really control it," Hinata explained. "But you just said that Makki decided not to read my thoughts anymore. How can he do that when you can't control it?" I asked. "Well here's the thing. We can't but there is something that numbs everything. When we're around that something, we still hear everything but it's not as loud as it normally is so to really read and understand someone's thoughts, we need to actively decide to," Hinata explained. "Oh okay. What is this something?" I asked. "You," he replied. Wait what?

"You radiate silence. That's why I come here that often. When I'm around you, everything is a lot quieter than before. When I touch you, it's even quieter. I can't imagine how quiet it would be when I kissed you. Maybe it would be completely silent," Hinata said. Was that the reason why Makki was friends with me? Why did he decide to date me? So he would be able to kiss me and have this silence? Hinata must know. He can read Makki's thoughts after all.

"I'll get going now," I stated. "Wait, Mattsun. Please listen to me," Hinata begged but I didn't care about what he wanted to tell me. The guy I liked, my boyfriend, only spend time with me because I muted the voices in his head. I understood why he did that but it still hurt. Why didn't he just tell me the truth?

I would just ask him when he came over later or rather now. He wanted to come over after my shift ended so we could spend the evening together. But how was I going to act around him now that I knew his secret, now that I knew that he was just using me? Should I behave normally and then confront him or shouldn't I tell him at all? I should probably just confront him right away. This way, he wouldn't use me anymore. As much as I wanted to believe that Makki just recognized me because of my power and then fell in love with me, I knew it wasn't true. Makki just used me like everyone before.

As soon as I entered Mattsun's house, I knew that something was up. I just felt it. Something was in the air and it definitely wasn't love.

"We need to talk," Mattsun said. "I know," I replied. "I know about your power," he stated. "What do you mean?" I asked. "Don't act like I don't know. Hinata told me. Just read my mind and you'll know," Mattsun said. "What else did he tell you?" I asked. I really wanted to yell at Hinata again. He ruined everything, again. Why couldn't he just leave me alone and be happy?

"I know that you used me," Mattsun stated. I was shocked. Where did he get that from? Who was I kidding, Hinata told him. That guy's life purpose was ruining my life. "I don't use you. I never did," I responded. "I know you use me, Makki. You hang out with me because it's quiet around me and you kissed me so everything would be completely quiet. That's the whole reason you're dating me as well," Mattsun said. "That is not true. I date you because I-," I started but Mattsun cut me off, "don't finish that sentence".

"I understand why you did it but I just can't live like that. I can't continue to date you even though I love you and want to be with you forever. I will just end up hurt in the end and I don't deserve that," Mattsun said. "Just so you know, I'm not using you. My feelings are true. Sure, at the beginning I wanted to be friends with you because of your power but I fell in love with you so please don't push me away like that," I begged. "You broke my heart so it's just fair if I break yours if you even have one," Mattsun said as he closed the door.

As soon as he did that, all the noises started filling my head again. It was just too loud. It felt like Mattsun's power reversed. As if he was intensifying the noises instead of reducing them. This couldn't get any worse, could it?