21

Even though I wanted to forget about Hinata, I couldn't. He was a human just like me and if I had gone missing, he would have searched for me immediately. It wasn't fair that I still held on to this grudge and risked his life. Sure, he made mistakes but people could change and Hinata did.

After a lot of thinking, I decided to search for him. This city was big but I could read minds so it would be easy, right? I knew that it would be hard but I'd feel bad if I didn't at least try.

I decided to start at the coffee shop which was a great idea. Daichi, the owner, told me that Hinata and a guy who was working at the ice cream shop had a little fight in front of the shop on the exact same day Hinata disappeared. From reading Daichi's thoughts, I learned that this guy's name was Kageyama Tobio. With that knowledge, I could convince Daichi that Kageyama and I were friends and he gave me his number.

Because I didn't know what else to do, I just called the guy. I knew that this could end really bad but I needed to do something. Calling this guy and maybe getting any clues would help me find Hinata.

"Hello, who is there?" the guy asked. "Hello, Kageyama. I won't tell my name right now but I know that you are with a friend of mine, Hinata, is that correct?" I said. "Why would you want to know?" he replied. "I know that you are with him and I just want to know what I need to do so you'll let him free," I responded. "Didn't he tell you?" Kageyama asked. "Tell me what?" I replied. "I didn't kidnap him or whatever you think happened, he came with me because he wanted to," he said. "And why would I believe you?" I responded. "I could give him the phone or you could come and see yourself," he suggested. "And why would I know this isn't a trap?" I asked. "It isn't. I am literally in a psychiatric ward where my mother is a patient, you can check, I assume," he responded. "Okay, I will. The one in the south of this city, right?" I asked. "Yes," he replied.

It turned out that Kageyama was right. His mother was a patient in this psychiatric ward for quite a long time now. I decided to go there immediately and after forty minutes I was there. I could see Hinata standing in front of the big white building. Kageyama stood behind him with a bit of distance.

"I thought you hated me," Hinata said. "I do but I thought he was a hunter so I got a little worried," I replied. "He kind of was. It's just, his mother isn't able to communicate because of certain trauma and Kageyama wanted to see if a mindreader could help and I could. We found the source of the trauma and now the psychologists can help her," Hinata explained. "Oh okay but why didn't he just ask you?" I asked. "He made bad experiences with a mindreader once but that's all in the past. He just wants to heal his mom," he responded. "I understand. Well, I don't think I should disturb you any longer so I'll get going. I'm happy you're alright," I said before I drove back home.

Well, that was weird. I totally didn't expect this to happen but I guess it was alright. Hinata didn't get kidnapped but still left so that was great. I wouldn't have to deal with a guilty conscience now that I knew that he was alright and Hinata wouldn't annoy me anymore. I kind of missed Hinata's happy attitude though.