22

I was just working at the coffee shop like I usually did, waiting for Makki to show up when I saw someone enter the shop. I recognized him immediately, it was Hinata. But what was he doing here? As far as I knew he moved. Makki didn't really want to talk about what happened but he told me that Hinata was alright and just moved.

"Hello, Mattsun," Hinata greeted me. "Hello," I responded. "I wanted to talk to Makki but I guess he isn't here yet," Hinata said. "No, he isn't," I replied. "I'll just wait then," he responded. "Do that. But one question, didn't you move?" I asked. "No, I didn't. Who told you that? Okay it was probably Makki but no I didn't move," he replied. "Then why did you disappear all of a sudden?" I asked. "I didn't, I just visited a friend or rather the mother of this friend," Hinata said. "Ah okay. May I ask why you did that," I responded. It was a little weird that he visited the mother of his friend instead of the friends themselves. "I helped her. She is psychically ill and the people there couldn't really figure out what was wrong with her so I helped," Hinata said. "Okay but how? You are a teenager," I asked. "Let's say I'm really good at reading people, just like Makki," Hinata responded. "Ah okay," I replied. That sounded as if he was implying something but I couldn't exactly say what. How was a young adult able to help someone who was psychically ill better than people who did an apprenticeship in that area? I would need to ask Makki about it later although I don't think he would tell me.

"Yeah. I don't know why Makki lied though. I thought he'd never lie to you," Hinata commented. I knew that he was doing this on purpose. He wanted me to think that Makki was hiding something from me. He probably was, everybody hid something so I didn't really mind. Yet, I wanted to know what Makki hid. I knew it wasn't my business but it couldn't be that bad and when I found out on accident, it wasn't really my fault, was it?

"We normally tell each other everything but everybody has secrets so as long as it isn't something that would change everything between us, it's fine I guess," I said. "How do you know he isn't keeping something big from you, something that would change the way you see him?" he asked. "Because he wouldn't do something like that. I know him better than you do, he isn't someone to lie," I responded. "I know him better than you do. Trust me, he lies a lot," Hinata said. That was when Makki entered the coffee shop.

"Hey, what are you guys talking about?" Makki asked. "Nothing much. I was just looking for you and I kind of stumbled upon Mattsun," Hinata explained. "Okay, I guess," Makki said. "Yeah. Well I was just telling him about Kageyamas mother and how I helped her," Hinata responded and I could see Makki stiffen. So I was right and something was up. I still couldn't believe that Hinata told the truth and that Makki actually kept something from me.

The rest of the day was really awkward and I was really happy when they finally left. I had a lot to think about.