But right now, let's just live

"Okay, look, you can move into my apartment? It big enough for two people" Barry suggested. Caitlin nodded absently. She was thinking. Though she didn't remember who she was, she thought she might when she saw the stuff she owned. But it was literally being burned right now. What if she never remembered who she was? Then she'd have to start over.

Barry looked at his side as he hadn't gotten a reply. Then he saw the hair color change, as did the eyes, again. "F-Frost?" he stammered confused. "Hell yes" she smiled satisfied. They kept walking and Barry hoped people wouldn't be staring too much at them. "I don't understand. Who are you?" he asked. "I told you, I'm Frost. Oh right, you don't know anything. I know all about you, though. Cait wouldn't shut up about you when we were younger. She has amnesia, hasn't she?"

Barry nodded sadly. "Do you know how to get it back, Flash?"

"How did you-?"

"I'm not dumb, okay?"

"I don't know if we can. It'll take a lot of time probably. But who are you again?"

"Frost! Do I need to spell it out? Look, I'll explain since you know nothing about me. And this is something Caitlin has never known. When we moved to New York - When she moved to New York - someone started experimenting on her. With dark matter. And that's how I was created. I'm like her alter-ego. Anyways, when I'm asleep, she's awake and the other way around. But Carla hated me and thought I was bringing her super smart family in danger. So she got rid of me. That's one of the reasons Caitlin barely speaks to her mother. Anyways, when we - she - was blasted by the lightning bolt with dark matter, I returned. End of story. Any questions?"

Barry stood there with his jaw dropped. "Who experimented on you?"

"No clue. Doesn't matter. Here I am. We need to fix Caity."

They walked to Barry's house, which took them an hour, but neither of them even though about using Barry's speed. Both were thinking without speaking. There had to be a way.

---

Frost had moved in for the both of them with the couple of things they owned now. Barry had given her the spare bedroom. Then he grabbed his phone and texted Iris against his will.

B: Hi, let's just get this over with. Date/time?

It didn't take long before he got a reply.

I: Tomorrow/seven pm. My apartment. I'll send you the location. And I'm excited too!

Barry stared at his phone in horror. He knew he wasn't going to like this. But he had made a deal with Caitlin. One date and it would all be over... right?