Temper (Charles x Female reader)

Summary: you have a temper and Charles is the only one who would go out of his way to make sure you calm down and not get hurt.

Y/N -> Your name
611 words

This is the second time this week that Micah has pissed you off, you tried not to let him get a reaction from you but this was Micah and he wouldn’t stop at anything so here you two are with your knife against his throat and him smirking at you.

“I do love a woman who can look after herself” Micah said and tried to touch your cheek.

“Don’t make me push this knife deeper in” You said in a low voice.

You heard Micah chuckle before feeling a hand on your shoulder, you let out a sigh before pulling the knife away from Micah’s throat and putting it back in it’s rightful place.

“Why don’t you make yourself useful for once?” Charles asked sarcastically.

You watched as Micah stalked away to go and annoy Arthur, you looked behind you and saw that Charles was smiling at you. Seeing that smile made all anger disappear from your body, you relaxed a little before smiling back at Charles.

“Want to go hunting?” Charles asked.

“Yea, I could use a break from camp for a little while” You said and walked with Charles to the horses.

As you and Charles were mounting up you hear commotion come from the camp, you both looked towards the camp fire and saw Arthur pointing his gun at Micah. You secretly hoped that Arthur would pull the trigger but soon saw Dutch come out of his tent to breakup the fight.

“C’mon, we best get going” Charles told you.

“Sure” You said and made your horse go into a trot.

Whilst you two was looking for animals to hunt, you looked around and took in the scenery this was also another way that Charles would help you calm down. He would go out of camp for a few hours to find a nice spot of land that you would like before coming back and taking you there, it was little things like this that made you fall more in love with Charles, but of course he doesn’t know about your feelings.

“Lets stop here for a little while” Charles suggested and made his horse stop.

“That sounds good” You said and smiled.

You both dismounted your horses and sat on the grass whilst watching deer's and bucks run through the water, you smiled at the scene in front of you soon you and Charles were both laying on the grass whilst watching the clouds.

“That one looks like Arthur’s hat” You said with a smile.

“It sure does” Charles said and chuckled.

“I wonder how Arthur is putting up with Micah” You said and turned to face Charles.

“I’m sure he found a way to get rid of him” Charles said and looked at you.

You smiled at him before moving closer and hugging him, Charles smiled at you before wrapping his arm around you and pulling you closer to him. You closed your eyes and laid your head on his shoulder whilst smiling to yourself.

Charles smiled at your relaxed self before carefully playing with your hair, he knew that this was the best way to calm you down with no one around just the two of you plus he liked having you to himself it made him happy as well. Hopefully one day he would get you to admit to your feelings but right now he just cares about helping you calm down when Micah pushes your buttons.

Requests are open