20.- Meet The Not So New Kid.

The day was cloudy and hot, spring rains had fallen regularly in the damp port city and though winter was long gone the sun refused to shine on the T's gray glass buildings.
Tired, excited, gritty teenagers flooded through the golden gates of a prestigious private school in the luxurious center of town. Its high white walls are covered in blooming vines of purple flowers, fragrantly exposing its rich smells and colors as a reminder of opulence in the privileged-infested place.
A particular figure, dark and tall waited resting against the gate unmoving; his jet-black hair slicked tightly back, the tie of his uniform loosened in a silent rebellion against everything and nothing.
He blended into the background ignored by the chatting, screaming, and reuniting friends around him not touched at all by the sentiment.
"You are early," a cheerful voice called out to him, as a preppy girl wearing gold rim glasses approached him with a smile "You are harder to contact than the pope!" Charlotte said patting Shun on the arm "Auch an abandoned mother,"
He smiled a bit bitterly "Sorry," was all he said and looked puzzled at the person who walked beside her.
"This is Park," she announced, he said nothing for a moment staring, solemn.
"Yeah," Park said, "We know each other well," Park gave an awkward little grin.
"Oh!" Charlotte said.
"Yeah," Shun repeated "Head in, I'm waiting on the wife,"
Charlotte nodded feeling the awkward tension and Shun's indifference "Ok, talk to you later, where in the same class".
He nodded as she walked away with Park by her side.
"He's in a mood," Charlotte told Park and he shrugged putting his hand reassuringly on her shoulder "It's early," he told her "Shun's a night owl,"
Charlotte squinted up at him saying "You have some explaining to do," Park sighed "Oh boy," he said, as they disappeared into a building Charlotte locked her hand in his.
Nel walked through the gates as they closed, the bell ringing frantically urging students to class.
"Morning," Shun called out walking towards her "What's the occasion?"
She turned to smile brightly at him, her styled hair swooshing with the breeze, he was hit by the light scent of vanilla and sandalwood, and his heart fluttered.
Parting her red lips, she called out joyfully "Good morning," as she pushed him with her shoulder playfully "Long time no see,"
"Hmpf," he shook his head with a side smirk "Welcome back," he draped his arm protectively over her shoulders as she leaned into him passing an arm around his waist while they walked.
"Nel!" Charlotte called out enthusiastically hugging her "You look good!" she whistled.
Nel shrugged with a smile as her gaze fell on Park "Hello," she said raising an eyebrow.
"This is Park," Charlotte introduced "The guy I told you about,"
"Yeah?" Nel asked her smile stiffening, a small crease in her brow.
"Yeah," Park repeated as rubbed the back of his neck.
Charlotte looked back and forth between them "Ok what's going on?" Charlotte asked hands on her hips annoyed.
"We know each other," Park said again, visibly uncomfortable
"Yeah," Shun said, and throwing her arms in the air Charlotte said "I can't! It's too early for this,"
Park patted her back with an amused yet apologetic smile "Friends from work," was all he said, and Charlotte rolled her eyes "What are you? A middle-aged man?" Charlotte asked, Park shrugged again "I swear I am a weirdo magnet," she huffed.
Nel laughed nodding in agreement "That you are,"
"Wait..." Charlotte realized in a cold dawning "...work..." and her excitement was gone as Nel turned to Park pointing an accusing finger "No more secrets," she warned trying to be playful her eyes cold "Not a single one. "