Episode 118 - Cracked Dreams 4 'Tension Showdown'

Patron of June 2020

✵ Bronze Membership✵

(Fasha Fana) (Frede)

❆ Platinum Membership ❆

(Janet) (Thronedplatypus)

❖ Diamond Membership ❖

(Jen C.) (Katherine)

Thank you so muchhh!!

__

Episode 118 - Cracked Dreams 4 'Tension Showdown'

Last Chapter: The knights took Crown Prince, Eugene, and Musician Hal to the King's audience room. When Louis found out about her being taken, he was seriously furious.

.

.

Eugene blinked, her gaze fixed on the golden throne on which the King of Zene sat. She, Aedelak, the Crown Prince, and Nameless Musician Hal are currently standing in front of the King and the Commander.

Well... Only she, Aedelak and the Crown Prince stayed upright, facing the King's harsh gaze and Commander Kal's resignation look. The Nameless musician took his favorite seat by kneeling on the ground as always.

Eugene blinked again at the bleak atmosphere, 'What luck...' she thought sarcastically.

The room was empty of furniture and had a similar design to Xenperia's audience room, however, it was five times more massive and depressing. The room was perfectly covered in gold, but it was bathed in a dark grey glow, which was the polar opposite of its imagined atmosphere. Ironically, there were two spotlights, one focusing on the King and the other on Eugene and the others. As if they were in a musical performance, performing a duel.

The King leaned lazily on his right arm as he focused on the people below. With his calm and sarcastic voice, he broke the silence,

"Why was Crown Prince found together with the criminal?" he raised his brow, directing the question to the Crown Prince.

The King's voice that traveled down from the throne brought goosebumps to the four. Though it didn't contain any malice, it was a voice that contained complete authority and a know-it-all tone.

The Crown Prince kept his head lowered and didn't reply. Visible sweat trailed down from his hair to his neck.

Commander Kal glanced at the King and back to the children, "Was it a coincidence, or... did 'everyone' group up to hide the criminal?" His voice was full of implication as he tried to reel the children into answering.

"......" No one replied.

The room that was gloomy to begin with began to feel more tense and uncomfortable when no one chose to reply again. It was obvious to the King and the Commander that the Crown Prince and Eugene were not denying their accusations and were silently admitting to their claims.

Eugene sighed inwardly as she kept silent. Similarly, the Crown Prince did the same. In an oddly tactful coincidence, the two chose to remain silent because they had already promised to aid the Nameless Musician.

Eugene gave her promise yesterday, whereas the Crown Prince made his promise a few minutes before Eugene walked in with her daydreaming fantasy.

Even though everyone happened to meet coincidentally, they couldn't exactly confess that to the King or the Commander as that would be throwing the Nameless Musician under the bus. They also couldn't outright say that they aided the Nameless Musician, therefore the correct choice would be to remain silent.