Episode 84 - Unexpected Bets 2 'Born to be a soldier.'

Patron of February 2020

✵ Bronze Membership✵

❆ Platinum Membership ❆

(Janet)

❖ Diamond Membership ❖

(Allison) (Reyna) (Tamara)

Thank you so much for your support! It really means a lot!

_________

Episode 84 - Unexpected Bets 2 'Born to be a soldier.'

Duke Rodriguez's words gave Aernest and Aedelak shivers down their spine. With their hearts beating nervously, they branded Duke Rodriguez's words into their brains, to never forget his words.

"Due to the dangerous nature of this weapon, guns are not allowed to be recreated or owned by anyone outside of the Military. Soldiers are prohibited from using guns, bringing guns outside the Military base or the Imperial Palace. Only with permission by a general or the commander can you train with a gun, hold a gun, or wield a gun in public. This is to prevent gun violence that may occur. If you are guilty of breaking this law, you will be executed without a trial. This includes sharing knowledge about guns to individuals outside the military." Duke Rodriguez stressed every word he spoke out with all seriousness.

Seeing Duke Rodriguez stress every word with seriousness made Eugene slightly relieved. Guns are a serious topic. Although she was excited to use a gun, when she was reminded of her current age earlier on, she began to doubt if the Military knows the severity of allowing them to train with guns. But hearing how serious Duke Rodriguez sounded when talking guns, Eugene felt relieved. She was even more relieved knowing that even the Emperor is forbidden to use a gun.

'With the limitations on guns, it should be difficult for soldiers to abuse the use of guns..' Eugene glanced at the gun cases in front of her.

"If you didn't know, information regarding firearms available to the public is severely outdated. I'm pretty sure bamboo guns might still be listed as guns soldiers use?" Duke Rodriguez pouted his lips in uncertainty.

"Yes... Bamboo guns that need to be lit up for it to work." Eugene nodded in silence.

"Anyways, there are two types of guns the military uses. The old type that needs to manually be lit up at the wick to shoot, and the updated version we got thanks to the treasures found in Serv." Duke Rodriguez explained as he showed the three two gun types by holding them in front of him.

"By the end of today's training, you will know how to disassemble, assemble, and shoot a gun." Duke Rodriguez announced as he set the guns down.

The old version of the firearm Duke Rodriguez showed is an arquebus gun made from hardwood. This is also known as a hook gun where strings needed to be ignited to be able to shoot.

He then began to disassemble the gun and explained as he went on. First, he showed the children where the safety lock was before showing them how to check for dents. He then finished his explanations by dismantling parts that could be removed and needed to be regularly maintained before reassembling the gun back together.

The next gun beside the arquebus type is a rifle using a flintlock mechanism. After repeatedly teaching them how to lock and unlock the safety pin of the gun, he showed them how to use the gun.

First, he poured gunpowder down the barrel before wrapping a lead ball in cloth. This lead ball acts as a bullet that will pierce down the enemy. He then jammed the wrapped lead ball into the barrel on top of the gunpowder he added before.