🌹 soraya95 🌹

Start from the beginning

"don't," juniper states, shaking her head.

i grab two .45s and pass them to her. i grab another two and pass them to persephone.

her thumb lands on top of my hand.

i gasp as flashes of her life- from birth until this very moment- play out in segments and pieces. all of her happiness, her hurt, ambition, love, hatred, it courses throughout me.

when it ends, i come to; my body on the floor of the van.

"what the fuck just happened?!" persephone questions, untangling herself from juniper on the side of the van.

i look around and see matt picking himself up off the van floor as well.

"ray! give me a warning next time!" grayson yells.

"hey!" persephone yells grabbing my attention, "what the hell did you just do to me!"

"it's- i call it Pure Soul Finder- still working on the name. it happened with grayson the first time we touched too," i explain, standing.

"what about him?" she asks, pointing to matt.

i roll my eyes.

"he's a special case."

"what- what did you do to me?"

"i didn't do anything. i just... read your soul? i'm not sure!"

"you're not sure?! you could've given me something!"

"i did it to both grayson and matt and nothing happened. i can just feel things- everything."

"that's so cool!" juniper whispers. "can i do that?"

"maybe, i don't know," i shrug.

"what can you do already?" she asks, looking at me with admiration or something.

i take a seat on the edge of the bed facing them.

"i can shoot red electric balls from my hands, and they do damage. turn to ashes damage. i have telekinesis, and some type of electric blast," i tell her. "OH! and-"

hello.

juniper screams and plants a hand over her mouth.

i try not to laugh at her reaction.

"what? what?" persephone questions.

"she spoke to me in my mind!" juniper exclaims, looking at me wide eyed.

"telepathy?!" persephone asks, looking at me.

"what about apple and dominic?"

"apple has invisibility, heal nature, super hear, and somehow communicate with you through dreaming," i say.

"astral projection?" juniper questions.

"yeah... yeah! she can astral project! that's exactly it!" i realize.

"and dominic?"

"force field and can control electricity currents."

"oh my god," she smiles, "we're cool!"

"kind of. we don't know how we're this way, why or even how much we're capable of," i tell her.

"that doesn't matter. i mean it does but we can do extraordinary things. have you explored more?"

"not as much as i should've with the government on my back."

"that's the perfect time!"

"they did come in handy the moments that i needed them. wingin' it seems to be the running theme here so whatever happens, happens," i say.

"this is our leader?" persephone questions.

"that's what i've been saying!" matt interjects.

"i've warned you about what could go down. i've apologized for it."

"stop!" juniper groans. "meeting you guys feels... right. helping you feels right. if i may speak for everyone, we don't have much left and you're giving us hope and fight. dominic needs help. he helped seph and i when he didn't need to, so we owe him. and to be frank, i think we owe it to ourselves to prove how far we can push ourselves."

i nod at her.

"this is going to be heavy shit we're going to walk into."

"do you have a plan?" persephone asks.

"some ideas but it would be very helpful for someone to assist in a solid proof plan," i throw out, hoping they don't throw the responsibility on me just like gray and matt have been doing.

"i think..." persephone starts.

"i think i have something," the couple states in unison.

"you two do that often?" i ask.