🌹 soraya73 🌹

[ 4:01 PM ]

"have any of you ever shot a gun before?" matt questions as he sets the duffels on the couch.

i cross my arms over my chest and look at grayson. he stands next to me brandishing an uneasy expression as matt unzips the duffels, revealing the contents inside.

i huff to myself.

i don't want to be around these.

"n-no," grayson stutters.

"no. i've been around them though," i explain and shrug.

"okay well first thing is to get to know your guns and how many rounds it holds. luckily for you two, we only have four types here."

"lucky us," i monotone.

the first duffel out of the five is ammo boxes. the others held various guns that i've seen before yet gave no shit about.

"AR-15s, AK-47s, smith & wessons, glock .45s," matt lists, pointing to each gun.

the ARs and AKs are much bigger compared to the .45s and smith & wessons.

i walk over and pick up a .45 with ease. it's an all black machinery; light weight. i turn it over, not enjoying the fact i hold something that murders people with such proficiency.

i set it down.

"okay," i tell him.

"you can't be afraid of them," matt says.

i clear my throat.

"i'm not."

"both of you. you have to trust your gun. you have to know it like the back of your hand," matt speaks, a sudden intense tone in his voice. "the last thing you'd want is to be in a gun fight and your gun jams, or you run out of bullets, or you simply just hesitate."

"okay," grayson says.

"then repeat to me the guns."

"AR-15, AK-47, smith & wesson, and glock .45. i was listening," i respond.

he hands grayson and i a .45.

"the .45 holds 14 rounds."

14 rounds.

"cool," i nod.

"14 rounds," matt repeats.

"i heard you," i say, scolding him.

"you need to be mindful of that."

"glock .45, 14 rounds. i got it matt."

"grayson?"

"14 rounds. glock .45," he nods.

matt grabs the gun away from me and takes the clip out.

"the clip. it's empty." he pushes the clip back in. "to release the clip, press this button."

i grab the gun back and we practice the motion of releasing the clip for maybe two minutes.

"okay! what's next?" i groan.

he grabs another .45.

"cocking the gun. you wanna be careful or you'll tear your skin up," he says before demonstrating.

he does it quick and without problem.

"you make it look easy," grayson jokes.

"deadass," i agree.

i try to cock the gun with just my thumb and index finger.

"that's not going to work," matt chuckles, you're going to have to put more effort in it." i grab the mechanism carefully and pull, slowly cocking the gun. "we'll work on it. next would be point and shoot but we're not going to do that yet. now, point to the ground and pull the trigger." i do that and the gun 'clicks' in response. "the number one thing- should've told you this first- is to never have your finger on the trigger unless you're ready to shoot."