🌹 soraya27 🌹

[ 10:03 AM ]

i take my messy hair and tie it up into a high ponytail observing our surroundings as they blur by.

it's mostly crops, possible corn. i don't know. i'm not some agricultural genius.

you look cute with your hair tied up like that.

i pass dom a less intense glare.

gross!

he grabs my hand, rubbing his fingers from the tip of mine down my palm to my wrist. small jolts shoot through my hand. i giggle, it tickling a little.

we ditched the last burner and got another one to be on the safe side.

i watch as dom pulls the new burner out and constructs a message.

[unknown number]
hey apple! it's dom. this is
my new new number. i
didn't mention but i'm
bringing someone with me
that i think you'll like. she's
pretty cool. i love you. i'm
on my way. i could be to
you in a few hours!

he hits send and pockets the phone.

nice to know i'm cool fike.

i only said that so she won't hate you upfront.

i'm unhateable.

you sure about that?

i hit him in the chest softly, he grinning at me.

"mateo, slow down."

dominic and i found a nice couple with a baby who really wanted to help us. the couple is around our age, and they too are going to florida for family.

"non te preocupes bebé. estamos bien," mateo responds to his girl.

mateo's hispanic and 22. from the few hours we've been with them, i can tell he cares tremendously about his family. his fiancée, mavis, is black and 21. she's beautiful. her darkskin smooth, confidence exuding from her. she too, cares for her family. the two created a beautiful three month old girl, mara, who i have the pleasure of sitting next to.

"i'm sorry about him," mavis apologizes, turning around to us.

"you don't have to apologize," i smile at her.

"how is she? she still asleep?"

"knocked out," i tell her, "she's just really adorable."

"my little angel honestly. through all of this, she's been the peace. i love her so much."

"thank you so much for helping us out," dom speaks up.

"we couldn't drive out of that truck stop knowing you two needed to get to F-L. besides, soon to be mommy shouldn't be stressing herself in the first trimester," mateo points out.

dom looks down at his lap.

we may have stretched the truth a tad bit.