🌹 soraya1 🌹

[ 5:32 PM ]

"YOU RUINED MY LIFE!" i hear as i slam my room door closed, it echoing throughout the apartment. "DON'T SLAM DOORS IN MY HOUSE BITCH!"

this is a typical day in my household with my 38 year old, verbally abusive mother.

to her, i'm inconsiderate, a nuisance, ungrateful, irresponsible, a whore, a slut, annoying, a piece of shit, an asshole, a motherfucker, and many, many more.

the most important one though; i'm a mistake. i would have never been thought of. she didn't want kids. she experimented with a guy one time, just to see how it would feel, and i turned out.

most of the time i ignore her put downs. i know she does it to get under my skin so i can yell and make a big scene back but i spent my entire pre-teen to young adult time trying to have an upperhand, and she just goes and goes.

there is legit nothing to stop her from adding her two cents in any chance she can get.

i grasp my cell phone out of my pocket and text my internet best friend, reeves. she's been my friend since we were in ninth grade and we have never met. seven years of knowing each other and have never met.

we're working on it though.

she's been my rock through a lot of heavy shit; anxiety, heartbreak, and my personal fave, mother drama. so one nothing to the internet.

[ best friend ☄️ ]
fucking bitch of a mom is
annoying me once again.

"YOU CAN GET THE FUCK OUT! YOU THINK I WANT YOU HERE?! YOU FUCKING BITCH! ALL YOU DO IS STEAL FROM ME!"

i go to open my door.

"THAT'S NOT FUCKING TRUE YOU IDIOT! I HAVE A JOB, AND I PAY FOR MY OWN SHIT INCLUDING THIS GAHDAMN APARTMENT! YOU PAY FOR WHAT?" i yell back, confused about why she is trying to start with me in the middle of the day.

"FUCK YOU!"

"YOU NEED ME! IF I LEAVE, YOU'LL BE HURTING!" i scream and slam the door once again.

Incoming Facetime Call... reeves 🌻

i answer, her pale face popping up on the screen.

"FUCK YOU! YOU'RE FUCKING STUPID ANYWAY! WITH YOUR FUCKING HIGH SCHOOL DEGREE!"

"go for a walk hun," reeves firmly states after listening to my mother yell for absolutely no reason other than to annoy the hell out of me.

"yeah, i know. she's being extra annoying today," i tell her, throwing my shoes on with one hand. i grab my headphones and plug them in, setting them in my ears.

"she just wants you to engage, and you know that's just going to be a circle of nothing," she says calmly.

it's like her mantra. she and i both know that arguing with someone like my mother, you are going to be trapped in a never ending loop of trying to get your point across. and when that doesn't work. she'll just attack your character as if she has any room to talk.

i notice that reeves' brunette hair is in a messy bun, little strands falling around her face. she's wearing a natural no makeup look and looks pretty exhausted.

"yeah, i know," i sigh and stand. "you look super cute girl!" i compliment her as i make my way past my screaming mother and exit the apartment, going down the stairs since we live on the top floor.

"aye! can you tell your mother to keep her shit down?!" i hear after reaching the last step.

i look at the woman who will get a face full of my fist if she doesn't leave me alone.

"how about you fuck off?!" i dismiss and continue walking.

"you don't have to be rude," reeves chuckles.

"it's not my fault that she moved in downstairs, or that my mom is a fucking psychopath!" i tell her, rolling my eyes.

"she needs some sort of help."

"i think its too late for that. i just can't wait to leave and have my own place. i'm almost there in savings," i explain making my way to the apartment park.

it's just two swings and a metal slide. nothing much.

"when do you think you'll be able to move out?"

"probably in a month or two. like fuck, i've dealt with her for 20 years, what's two more months of unnecessary shit?"

the park is located right in the middle of the complex.

as i'm walking through the complex, i notice three guys on their porch laughing and looking like they're having a good time. they look around my age. once i'm close to the guys to pass, one of them starts to back up with no awareness that he's coming dangerously close to me. One of his hands is in the air as if he's toasting, a glass clutched tight and waved high.

i assume that he's tipsy or on his way to being drunk.

i try to avoid him but he inevitably bumps into me, hard; my headphones flying out of my ear hitting the pavement.

a feeling i can only describe as an intense chill, courses it's way through my body once we make contact. it's quick, like a shock or getting mildly tased.

"oh shit," he speaks, spinning his lanky figure around to me, the glass he had clutched in his hand, plummets and shatters on the ground.

"watch the hell out! idiot!" i yell, pulling my headphones up, hoping none of the liquid got on them.

"yo chill, it was my bad," he responds, his face falling into confusion.

"if you were paying attention in the first place you'd have avoided me," i spit at him, pushing my left ear bud in my ear, taking an overlook of this baby faced guy.

his hair is dyed lavender and his skin is a light caramel. he's got an apple tattooed under his right eye and LBE on his forehead above.

"aye, you don't have to be a bitch," he says, frowning. "i apologized. we were just having a good time. i didn't see you." i flip him off and he chuckles, revealing a pretty attractive smile. if i wasn't pissed, maybe he would be cute to me but right now, i don't want to be bothered by this dude. "real classy," he says, bowing at me.

i roll my eyes and continue walking. i don't have time to entertain.

"what the hell just happened?" reeves asks.

"a stupid ass bumped into me. fucking bitch," i grumble. "i can't wait to leave this place!"