[Shot Twenty-Four] ♣ Ember and Chat Noir

Chapter Twenty-Four

Ember and Chat Noir

____ _

Marinette stop moving. Did she hear it wrong? What is Adrien talking about?

"I know Chloe is at fault but you shouldn't vent it on Cathy"

Adrien explained calmly. Under the table, Marinette clench her fist and smiled fake-ly.

"I-i'm sorry, i was just frustrated for my Uncle. What if something happens?"

Adrien smiled and patted Marinette's shoulder "you should go and say sorry"

Marinette nodded and stood up, Adrien also followed and they went up.

'Cathy... It's always Cathy, she's always right!’

Remembering Hawkmoth's akuma, Marinette made herself calmer. They saw Mayor Bourgeois on the Jury and went to him and ask about Cathy.

"Cathy? She said she's tired. She's probably in her room, Adrien you probably know where it is just go there"

"Thank you Mr. Bourgeois"

Marinette and Adrien entered the elevator and waited.

"So you came here?" Marinette ask

"Yup, i always went here often when we were kids, but" Adrien answered with a nostalgia in his voice.

"But what?" Adrien sighed and leaned on the elevator

"Well after she went to England we never contacted each other" he said

Marinette seemed curious all of a sudden and continue to ask

"I don't know. Maybe i did something that made her mad that's why she never said anything"

"Why didn't you contact her then?"

He sigh. When Cathy went to England, he just got to know it after two days. He also ask his father and Mayor Bourgeois about her but they never told him her contact. He just knew that she went there to study in advance and lives in a dormitory.

But that's it, for many years they grew apart until she came back. But before she went away, they were close
He also went here often to play with her and so on. They play in the reception, in her room which back then is Cathy and Chloe's room.

Ting!

"How was she then?"
Marinette ask again

"Well, she acts like my big sister when i hurt myself of course. Then i would be the big brother if she's hurt. Technically, we're like siblings to one another and we rely on each other. "

'how fortunate.... I'm... I'm really jealous'

Marinette thought.

"And here we are" Adrien said and stop on a door.

***

"Did you put the book in her house?" Cathy ask Pheoez. The Kwami hummed and nibbled on his cake before patting his protruding stomach with a sigh

"Oh someone's outside" Pheoz mumbled and immediately went to her bag

Just as he said, there was suddenly a knock on the door.

"Coming!" Cathy shouted and fix her clothes and opened the door. Her face suddenly burst in red when she saw Adrien, but then her eyes went to Marinette

"H-how can i help you?" She stuttered,

"Are we disturbing you?"  Cathy shake her head in response to Adrien's question