What's funny?

I felt guilty about talking behind Devin's back. I never thought his father would be like this. Devin is my classmate since Elementary and got separated in 4th year high school. He got good grades, he's mostly in the dean's list. Me, Nikki and Devin were usually the rivals on the rank.

"So here's the plan, we're having another branch in China and I want you to manage it. Be careful by the way."

"Of course, I'm good at hiding."

I watched them talk as I was feeling guilty the whole time.

Devin became a rebel, maybe because of his Father? We have the same problem. But his father is too much to handle compared to mine.

"Lia, we're having a dinner with a client but since I'm having a meeting for a while, you go first. I'll just send you the address and the restaurant."

I nodded right away  and sighed when I went out of the office.

"What kind of Fathers are they?"  

While I was looking for a cab, I received the text from my father and it's that far away though. I can walk.

With the guilty feeling inside me, I entered the restaurant and ordered  some frappe to calm myself. What happened earlier really bothered me. I can't believe it.

"Noona??" That voicee!

"H-Hero!" I quickly avoided his gaze when I remebered something. "Uhh, why are you here?"

"I'm waiting for her, Noona.." he looked away and gestured his reserved table for me to sit down. "Dad told me to wait here for 10 minutes. How about you, Noona? How are you?"

Damn, the scene I imagined while I was drunk in front of Hero embarrassed the hell out of me!

"I'm fine." He smiled and chuckled.

"You looked nervous." I bit my lower lip and sighed.

"I'm sorry about what happened yesterday. Brandon told me about it and, I felt guilty and embarrassed! It's the alcohol though, I'm so sorry about--"

"You don't have to, Noona.. It's fine." He assured me right away. "That was an accident. But, you didn't told me about you and Autumn. You guys were together and just broke up. Why?" I gave him a weak smile and summarized the main reason Autumn told me.

"It was all along because of his job and the money. No feelings attached, it's just me. I fell.." I saw how his jaw clenched and maybe to calm his self, he licked his lower lip.

"Assh*le.."

"No worries, I can handle everyting." He was about to say something but the waiter just came and our orders were served. "Thank you."

"Did he also break the contract? I mean, he works as your butler and got hired by your father."

I unconsciously saw a familiar figure from the outside who wears a black hat and coat. He looked at me for a while before he ride on a motorcycle. Sh*t, he looked at me! Am I in trouble again? No way..

"Son!" I stopped looking at the side where I saw the guy when a familiar business man entered the restaurant with my father.

"Dad? Why are you here?"

"Sorry dear, I'm a little late." My father sat beside me while I was confused why the hell is he sitting with us. "Ohh, you guys know each other huh.."

"I thought were meeting a client?" I also overheard Hero asking about meeting his fiancee.

"Yes we are, they are the client." He pointed at Hero and his father's side.

Hero's Dad suddenly looked at me and smiled before lending his hand for a shake. "Hi, Liannah right? I'm Henry, Hero's Dad."

"Yes sir, nice to meet you." He gestured us to sit down and Hero just stared at his plate, spacing out.

"Let's not make it longer Henry, let's summarize everything." Hero's Dad nodded before he cleared his throat and put the envelope on the table.

"Son, meet your Fiancee.."

My eyes widened when he pointed at me and smiled.

"Lia, you're engaged with him."

Hero and Mine's gaze met and we both have the same reaction.

F*ck.. I'm engaged.

°°°

A little late again.

✨🌙✨