Truth

We almost stayed in Jeju for three weeks and came back when my father called for a meeting with me.

I stopped walking when my father's secretary blocked our way.

"Mr. Warden wants a private talk with Ms. Warden." I raised a brow and remembered something.

Autumn leaned closer and whispered.

"Darling, remember what I've told you. I love you.." He smiled at my father's secretary and left right away.

I took a last glance at him who was now playing with the car keys while walking.

Bad boy vibe, huh..

"Miss?" I went back to my serious aura and raised a brow at her.

When she opened the door, my Father smiled at me so wide and greeted me with a hug.

"Oh, thank god you are safe my daughter.." I smiled sarcastically and hug him back.

"Of course, I cannot be in danger inside a dorm for a year with a butler." He broke the hug at lead me to the couch.

"Yes of course dear, how are you?" I faked a smile.

"I'm fine, Dad. I'm sure you are too." His smile faded. What would you expect to me?

"I'm sorry about what happened.."

"You mean, the slap?" I chuckled.

"Lia, I didn't mean to do it. I'm so stressed out with the mess your mother left me." I closed my eyes to calm myself.

"Just go direct to the point, Dad. I'm not here to hear you, apologizing." I saw how his smile went into a fake one.

"There's this document, your mother's lawyer gave me." He grab a brown envelope and let out some papers in front of me. "It needs your signature."

I stared at the paper for a while to process everything that Autumn told me.

"Darling, trust me this time.." I bit my lower lip to stop myself from crying. I can't believe this is happening to me.

"N-No.. He's- N-No way.." Autumn cupped my face.

"Please don't sign any document or papers from him. Don't let him manipulate you."

I'm having a hard time believing him. He's just my butler, and were talking about my father here.

I don't have knowledge in Business but I know that my dad, tricked not just my Mom, but also to his business partners.

"I'll wait for you downstairs, just make sure no one will follow you to the fire exit."

I sighed and looked at my Dad.

"What's this?" He smiled at me and gave me the pen.

"It's all about your shares in the company of your Mom, Lia. All you need to do is to sign this."

I stared at it for a while and drop the pen on the table.

"I'm sorry, Dad. I'm not yet ready for the responsibilities in the company. I hope you can give me time to think."

I was about to stand up when he grab my arm and let me sit again.

"D-Dad.."

"What the hell, Lia? I waited for this for a long time! I get it, you're just like your Mother! A useless individual that shouldn't exist in this world!" I slapped his face right away after I heard about my Mom.

"What the f*ck, Dad?! How dare you say those word in front of me!"

I cried after what he said. He revealed his true color! He never loved my Mother. He never love his family, he never loved me.

He's f*cking blinded with Money!

"You can't blame me about your mother's death. She deserve it! She cheated on me! You don't know anything Lia! Now sign this!" He pushed me on the table and groaned when my knee met the leg of the table.

Anger filled me up and had the courage to grab the papers and teared it. I screamed when I felt a slap on my face.

F*ck..

"What have you done!" He pulled my hair and pushed me on the door and my back met the door knob so I cried louder.

I felt like I broke a bone.

I saw him getting inside his stock room so I quickly got up and went to the Fire exit.

Some people looked at me and approach me if I'm fine but I didn't answer them. I just want to meet Autumn.

"What the--" I cried when I saw Eros and pulled him and whispered.

"Please, take me to the Fire Exit." Eros quickly carried me carefully. "Spring!"

When I saw Autumn, I quickly hugged him.

"F*ck! What the hell did he do to you!?"

"I-I teared the papers and he got mad at me.. You're right Autumn, he never c-cared for me, even my Mom." He carried me and went inside the car.

"Sh*t! That's his father, right?!" I panicked when I saw my Dad almost heading to Autumn's car but Eros immediately started the engine.

Autumn muttered a lot of curses while caressing my face and hair. "I should have sneaked inside. Damn it."

"I'm fine, these are just--"

"Darling.. I can't bear looking at you like this." He cupped my face and kissed my forehead. "Take a rest, I'll take care of everything."

I hide my face on his neck and dozed off to sleep.

°°°

♡´・ᴗ・'♡