Chapter 32

A/N: this is a flashback chapter with important moments from the story up til now which is why it's so long.

"No, you can't take her! She's just a child!" My mother shouted for the other room. I slipped out of bed and made my way towards the door quietly, unaware of how much my life was about to change.

"Momma? Dada?" I questioned in fear, seeing an unfamiliar man and woman standing with my parents.

"Go back to your room sweetheart" my mother warned sternly.

"Get her" the other woman ordered to a man who had no eyes. I blinked and he was grabbing me. I kicked and screamed in attempt to escape but failed.

"Momma!" I cried out for help, but when I met her eyes they were being drained from life by the other woman.

"What the—" the other man panicked as gas leaked under the door. Screams and cry's sounded through the apartment building.

"Leave her, we need to go!" The woman ordered the man holding me. I fell to the floor and scrambled back in fear as the gas filled my room.

"Momma?" I questioned as she growled and closed in on me. I let out a scream, running to my room and shutting myself inside.

It's all a dream, it's just a very bad dream I repeatedly told myself.

~~~

"What's the situation?" May asked upon our arrival to the scene.

"Someone inside has hostages and they are making threats" a man explained to my SO, shield surrounding the building.

"Any way to sneak in?"

"There's a small window in the back but it's too small for any of us to fit through"

"I'll go in" I spoke up with determination.

"Thea, no" May sternly ordered.

"I'm the only one small enough to fit through that window which means I'm the only one able to get inside and stop this madness" I explained my reasoning, wanting to save the agents inside.

"Fine, but if you need back up you call us and get the hell out of there" I nodded in understanding before moving towards the window. "Keep us updated" May added through comms. I jumped up and pulled myself inside, dropping to the ground and taking cover while getting a view on the situation.

"I'm going to do it! I'm going to leak the gas!" A man threatened.

"Thea, what's going on?" I stayed silent, watching the man wearing a gas mask. A gunshot rang out and he was gone. The building quickly flooded with gas and May's voice rang through my ears. "Thea! Gets out of there now!" She ordered, I was about to follow her orders when I heard a scream from one of the agents below.

Jumping down to the lower level I cautiously walked around, listening to screams and growls that haunted me. Suddenly an agent lunged towards me and I fought back until  all of the agents overpowered me. After taking many hits I pulled my gun and started to shoot the agents I was supposed to save. The gas began to clear and I looked around, gasping as I saw the massacre before me. dead body's of agents laid around on the blood stained concrete. I dropped to my knees and fell unconscious before the others stormed inside.

~~~

"What's that?" Emily looked over to see a device I held in my hand with interest.

"I don't know" I said until it started to rise on its own. "Emily, get down!" I tackled her to the ground as a pulse was sent out.

"Woah" an unfamiliar male voice said. Jumping to my feet I grabbed the closest weapon and aimed it at the three teens before me.

"Are we dead?"